What Does It To You?

Guest Chris61

Guest Chris61

What one pre 1979 tune still does it for you?? It might be something you stumbled across by accident that you haven't heard for decades or a tune that has just never left you. For me  I heard it on the latest NS show by good old Richard 'S'. Did a little hunting around and found it again on a Pete S podcast and the odd playlist posted on here( not much good if you don't get out).  Trust me trying to dance at midnight in slippers on carpet is NOT a good idea. :facepalm: 

Anyway this is the tune..

Jackie Lee "Oh My Darlin' "

So what does it for you??

Chris..

Social source share

I Dig Your Act - The O'Jays

Fell in love with it all over again whilst compiling 'The Odyssey: A Northern Soul Time-Capsule'....

Ian D :)

I've always thought that this track has the perfect beat/rhythm.

Wonderful George Kerr production.

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

I've always thought that this track has the perfect beat/rhythm.

Wonderful George Kerr production.

Magic Track;remember going up to Brian 45 Phillips[5, Gilpin Walk ,Middleton,Manchester]in the Bike cage in 69, "whats this la?" got a garbled reply and went  away believing it to be The O, Jays;"I Dig Your HAT".

Social source share

Sorry to break with tradition here, not one for the dancing brigade, but most of the stuff that does it for me (not all) isn't, been admiring this from afar for a lot of years, just managed to get one

James Wayne and Soul Soothers-My Last Letter

Kev

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Sorry to break with tradition here, not one for the dancing brigade, but most of the stuff that does it for me (not all) isn't, been admiring this from afar for a lot of years, just managed to get one

Kev

If I remember rightly Kev, the flip is "I've found someone" a dancer that's had some mileage on the scene.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Being on the same musical planet as Kev I'll be another one to break with tradition.

So many have never left me since first hearing but this upon first hearing was totally convinced it was Gloria Barnes  ... but no. Anyway always does it for me.

Put yer dancin' shoes away.

Gwen Thames - Day In The Life Of A Fool

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Being on the same musical planet as Kev I'll be another one to break with tradition.

So many have never left me since first hearing but this upon first hearing was totally convinced it was Gloria Barnes  ... but no. Anyway always does it for me.

Put yer dancin' shoes away.

Gwen Thames - Day In The Life Of A Fool

New to me, fantastic Deep Soul Dave

Kev

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Kev

Stunning !

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest manusf3a

Kev

Sure is Soulful great song,love it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!