Articles: HOF: The Masqueraders - Male Group Inductee

Absolutely brilliant read, was there at Prestatyn, they were superb, my only hang up was that Lee Jones was not there, god knows how they would have sounded if he were there. The description of "I'm an average guy" is perfect in this write up and sums them up exactly in my eyes, every soul fan should have one on their shelf

Kev

Edited by kev cane
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

That's top work Heikki. Nice one! 

Regards,

Dave

Thank you, Dave!

I'm also happy that you wrote the article above and keep the group in the limelight.  We're talking about one of the most underrated groups in soul music.

Best regards

Heikki

Social source share

Fantastic article as for the group well I have and will have a row with anyone this group were better than the Temps despite all the facilities that were laid on at Motown I think the Masqueraders vocals are tighter than most groups of that time

• Helpful 1
Social source share

A great read on a fantastic group. I attempted an article and discography back in the day for Derek Pearson's "Shades Of Soul" - forget which issue! I remember research on them was very difficult at the time and was incomplete, the internet is a wonderful thing. American "Goldmine" magazine reviewed that issue of the mag and gave my article high praise which chuffed me to bits at the time.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!