Steve Lane

Chelsea

They represent everything thats repulsive about the modern game. Odious manager, odious chairman and odious supporters.......I only hope City pip them to the title!

attachicon.gifbabies.jpg

Dunno how you can say "odious supporters" - a few maybe, but that's a terrible sweeping generalisation. Manc's shouting vile abuse at the female Chelski physio any better? 

I know we've had the Swan lake game where everyone was diving, and surrounding the ref isn't great, but again Ive seen Manchester teams do exactly the same in the past. 

Well I'm glad they went out, the behaviour of Jose leading up to the game was not what you would expect of a top class manager.  PSG players were right the Chelsea players (and manager) were like babies.  It was a terrible game, a really poor advertisement for so called Champions League Football, the players from both teams and management should be ashamed.

Dunno how you can say "odious supporters" - a few maybe, but that's a terrible sweeping generalisation. Manc's shouting vile abuse at the female Chelski physio any better? 

I know we've had the Swan lake game where everyone was diving, and surrounding the ref isn't great, but again Ive seen Manchester teams do exactly the same in the past. 

I didn't see any "true" fans shouting down the big mouthed racists and sexists?  The Manc fans all burst out laughing. Makes them just as bad IMO.

All 10 Chelsea outfield players running to the ref to try and get the opponent carded/sent off after every foul. Oscar went in 2 footed on Ibrahimovic. They take cheating and diving and harassing the ref to a whole new level. All started by a well scripted interview with Morinho where he mentions PSGs aggressiveness to seed the referee.  

All 10 Chelsea outfield players running to the ref to try and get the opponent carded/sent off after every foul. Oscar went in 2 footed on Ibrahimovic. They take cheating and diving and harassing the ref to a whole new level. All started by a well scripted interview with Morinho where he mentions PSGs aggressiveness to seed the referee.  

In total agreement with you on this, I think it's pathetic, and Mourinho is one of the biggest causes of it coming into our game. 

Unlike Chalky, I actually think it was a pretty good game with PSG showing a desire to win, and playing the better football and after the injustice of the sending off, was really pleased when they went through. 

I thought PSG were the best team, Chelski looked exhausted.

Re Mourinhio being such a "great" manager and all that. I wonder how "great" he'd be with the budget of teams like Burnley, Leicester and Palace. It's a little easier to be "great" when your chairman allows you to buy players at £25m.

In total agreement with you on this, I think it's pathetic, and Mourinho is one of the biggest causes of it coming into our game. 

Unlike Chalky, I actually think it was a pretty good game with PSG showing a desire to win, and playing the better football and after the injustice of the sending off, was really pleased when they went through. 

Check the Facebook link I put up Win!

Didnt Roy Keane and his lot go ape and surround that little ref some years ago (cannot recall the game) and try to intimidate him...seems to be a trend....must say in passing some of the stuff Roy Keane comes out with is a bit rich..seems nobody wants to stand up to him and his opinions...latest pearl was that Ronaldo is "a genius"...

Every team, cheats, dives, harasses the ref, the whole game at the top is a disgrace.  Rolling about as thought the american sniper has shot them and up as soon as the decision goes their way, every trick in the book employed by ALL teams.  

Check the Facebook link I put up Win!

Saw it and liked it, watched the game last night, saw the tackle, saw the ref going for his card and knew it was going to be a red, thought at the time, it's never a red card. Oscar went down like he was badly injured, the chelsea players frantically gesturing for medical assistance, lad get's sent off, Oscar fit and well. Makes a mockery of the game. 

I have to say we very rarely see that from Burnley ( If you can find an example post it up ) maybe that`s one of the reasons we`ll probably be back in the Championship next term  :g: But I prefer honesty over the "Win at all cost" attitude of some, not all of the Prem. Although some of the so-called bigger clubs in the C/ship have a similar agenda........Premier League or bust!

Didnt Roy Keane and his lot go ape and surround that little ref some years ago (cannot recall the game) and try to intimidate him...seems to be a trend....must say in passing some of the stuff Roy Keane comes out with is a bit rich..seems nobody wants to stand up to him and his opinions...latest pearl was that Ronaldo is "a genius"...

Yes, in 2000 against Middlesborough:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/625893.stm

Re Mourinhio being such a "great" manager and all that. I wonder how "great" he'd be with the budget of teams like Burnley, Leicester and Palace. It's a little easier to be "great" when your chairman allows you to buy players at £25m.

Europa League Final, Portuguese League and Champions League Final with Porto.

People will be glad that PSG won because of what a bunch of racists did on the metro

City and chelsea are of course being bankrolled by billionaires and should really be dominating domestic and european competitions

Its of little interest to me

I only wish we had more clubs like st pauli to support over here

Doesn't excuse it though. The vast majority of football fans (particularly our generation) don't want their teams to win like that. 

I don't see many doing anything about it though.

As for harassing the referee, all teams do it and have always done it, never understand it and it should be stopped immediately with a yellow to every player who does it, followed by a red if they carry on.  Right or wrong he ain't going to change his mind.

Edited by chalky

I thought PSG were the best team, Chelski looked exhausted.

He won the CL with Porto, that was some achievement.

Saw it and liked it, watched the game last night, saw the tackle, saw the ref going for his card and knew it was going to be a red, thought at the time, it's never a red card. Oscar went down like he was badly injured, the chelsea players frantically gesturing for medical assistance, lad get's sent off, Oscar fit and well. Makes a mockery of the game. 

The blame lies with the football authorities, they resist the use of video technology.  A fourth official in front of a screen, with instant playback, will ensure that Zlatan would have stayed on the pitch,  Costa would have had a penalty.

Its every weekend that the back page headlines are dominated by referee decisions, cheating and diving.  Stop players swearing at the ref, by sending them off.  It only happens in Football.  Time for it to change.

Simple solution which the FA seems to have neglected. Before the start of the game, the Ref pops his head into each changing room and tells them all that only the Captain of each side can approach him regarding any matter, unless he calls any players to him. If anybody other than the Captain approaches the Ref without being called, that player will be yellow carded. Continued harassment will be followed by a Red card. QED. End of story. It will stop within one weekend of football.

All refs should be armed with a Tazer.

Any dissent, diving etc. or abuse from managers, just give them a zap & that should cure it overnight.

Just my opinion.

Mark.

Europa League Final, Portuguese League and Champions League Final with Porto.

Don't like him at all but no doubt he has been successful. His win with Inter was as big as the Porto one beating both Barca (at their latest top) and Munich.  

He won the CL with Porto, that was some achievement.

On the result of a blunder by a linesman who disallowed a perfectly good goal by Paul Scholes at Old Trafford. Which gave Porto the 2.2. Draw which allowed them through on the away goal rule.

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul

On the result of a blunder by a linesman who disallowed a perfectly good goal by Paul Scholes at Old Trafford.

Steve

And the rest is history as they say Steve, things happen like that, I remember in 1983 or 1984 I think it was, Everton were going out of the League Cup at Oxford and Howard Kendall the exit door at Everton, then Adrian Heath intercepts a bad back pass late on and scores, Everton then go on a run until the end of that season taking them up the old 1st Division and to Wembley twice for both cup finals, then the Championship the next season, and as they say, the rest is history, all started from a bad back pass on a cold tuesday night at Oxford, Sir Alex Ferguson had a lot to thank Mark Robbins for aswell while we are on the subject, one stroke of luck sometimes can be all it takes to kick start something great

Kev

On the result of a blunder by a linesman who disallowed a perfectly good goal by Paul Scholes at Old Trafford. Which gave Porto the 2.2. Draw which allowed them through on the away goal rule.

Steve

And the rest is history as they say Steve, things happen like that, I remember in 1983 or 1984 I think it was, Everton were going out of the League Cup at Oxford and Howard Kendall the exit door at Everton, then Adrian Heath intercepts a bad back pass late on and scores, Everton then go on a run until the end of that season taking them up the old 1st Division and to Wembley twice for both cup finals, then the Championship the next season, and as they say, the rest is history, all started from a bad back pass on a cold tuesday night at Oxford, Sir Alex Ferguson had a lot to thank Mark Robbins for aswell while we are on the subject, one stroke of luck sometimes can be all it takes to kick start something great

Kev

And who can forget this one?

Kev

Kev.You so right. Remember when Bolton played Everton at goodison and I think a draw was enough to ensure safety for Everton. Bolton had a perfectly good goal disallowed and where relegated as a consequence costing them millions and millions.

Steve

Football is well and truly fuc*ed really. There's no way out of this cheating culture, certain team's fans demand it because they just don't care how they win, well to be fair, every team has a section of fans who'd go with cheating as an ethic, but real football fans hate it. The game's been drifting away from us for a couple of decades now, but seems to be hurtling towards a parody of it's former self. I struggle to watch British games with the exception of Rangers and Celtic because the pride in performance is still there, and yes, so is the aggression. I appreciate it happens in other leagues, but I still believe we're at best third in Europe as regarding skill and ease of watching. Spanish football still does it for me with the Bundesliga coming in second. England gets into third place because I don't regularly watch Dutch or Portuguese football for instance, so don't really know their true level of skill. Kev Cane, Chalkster, you're both watchers of European football, any input here :thumbsup:  

Clever marketing Win, that is what is behind the "success" of The Premier League when in reality there are many poor matches.  Standards like for like such as basic skills, touch, vision, control, composure and patience, we are streets behind.  Many of our top English Stars are made to look good by the quality they have around them and the English stars are diminishing year on year with clubs immediately looking abroad for its next signing.  That has changed slightly with the quotas being imposed by Eufa for it's competitions but they don't go far enough.  We spend millions on the academies with little by the way of results at the top level, many not even given a chance because of the desire for immediate success.  

We do have full grounds though something many clubs abroad are very envious of.  But like for like on the field we are a long way behind.  Spain and Germany streets ahead but France, the Portuguese and even teams from the likes of Russia and Switzerland increasingly enjoying success in EUFA competitions. 

Football is well and truly fuc*ed really. There's no way out of this cheating culture, certain team's fans demand it because they just don't care how they win, well to be fair, every team has a section of fans who'd go with cheating as an ethic, but real football fans hate it. The game's been drifting away from us for a couple of decades now, but seems to be hurtling towards a parody of it's former self. I struggle to watch British games with the exception of Rangers and Celtic because the pride in performance is still there, and yes, so is the aggression. I appreciate it happens in other leagues, but I still believe we're at best third in Europe as regarding skill and ease of watching. Spanish football still does it for me with the Bundesliga coming in second. England gets into third place because I don't regularly watch Dutch or Portuguese football for instance, so don't really know their true level of skill. Kev Cane, Chalkster, you're both watchers of European football, any input here :thumbsup:  

Hi Win

You are right, football as a GAME is well and truly fooked, however, as a business, well that's another story, technically we ain't the best, however, as a brand, nothing comes close to our Premier League, despite sky high ticket prices, the grounds are full, the argument about tickets being over priced therefore doesn't hold, if the grounds were half empty, then there is an argument, so as a product, our football is booming. The fan generally speaking in this country demands a fast relentless game which I admit is exciting, nothing wrong with that. This is not conducive for success at the real highest level in European and World football, the record books prove it, no matter who wants to dispute it. It changed while we were banned from European competitions as a result of Heysel in 1985, prior to that, for example, you could go to Barcelona, get played off the park and lose 2-0, a fortnight later on a cold tuesday night you could roll your sleeves up, snarl and get in their faces and bundle 3 set pieces in against a technically superior side but with no stomach for a battle. Fast forward, ban lifted, DIRTY LEEDS, champions of England get kicked off the park at Elland Road for an hour, then embarrassed technically by PSV Eindhoven, so, evidently, during the time of our ban, these technically superior teams have added bite and fight to their game, look at PSG the other night, Chelsea were not on the same technical planet as the French, down to 10 men, in years gone by a continental team would have bricked it. The answer surely is to add patience, technique, creativity and guile to our great British Bulldog intensity, but wait a minute, the subscribing paying fans of English football won't give up their demands for a fast paced error ridden spectacle. Simples, until we change our philosophy, we will not produce anywhere near enough technical and creative players to compete, how many World Players of The Year have plied their trade over here down the years, only Cristiano I think, Maradona, Platini, Zidane Figo, Ronaldo, Messi, Batistuta, Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta et al, the likes don't seem to come over here, there must be a reason

Kev

Edited by kev cane

Guest clanger v2

Premiership football is fast becoming the UKs answer to WWE.

Heros, villains, feigned injury, cheating....it's no longer a sport, it's a nothing more than a showcase.

It can be entertaining at times, but it's not football anymore.

They represent everything thats repulsive about the modern game. Odious manager, odious chairman and odious supporters.......I only hope City pip them to the title!

attachicon.gifbabies.jpg

No steve, everything that's wrong in this world, will only be put right - If United pip them to the title !

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.