Global Shipping Charges/import Duties? What The Fuk

Just had a parcel delivered, the size was 12" x 12" x 5"; the parcel contained a 7" £3.30 record in between two pieces of card and loads of bubble wrap and capable of surviving a nuclear attack; I think this is what they mean by over egging the pudding. If my experience is anything to go by half the global warming could be attributed to the GSP, the politicians didn't need to attend the climate conference in Paris, all they need to do is outlaw the GSP from Ebay. :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

5669aaef174b6_Broken001.thumb.jpg.c9a63f5669ab4b14711_Broken003.thumb.jpg.36c8fc

Bought a near mint copy of the Commands Hey It's Love from the US on the 28th November. It arrived today in a 9" x11" x2" box with no other packaging apart from it's flimsy paper sleeve. Not supprisingly the record arrived with the larges crack I have ever seen in a 7" record. It starts form the outer edge the follows the paper label for another couple of inches. Completely unplayable.

The seller refunded me straight away for the record and part of the postage (I am waiting for the rest). I showed him the pictures of how it was packed and he said Global Shipping must have repacked the record. I have no reason to doubt him as the seller has 100% feedback and good reviews for packaging.

Broken 002.jpg

Broken 004.jpg

Social source share

I would never bid on a record from the USA which is sent by Global Shipping Programme, unless it was something really cheap or was top of my wants!

I never understood what shipping has to do with Ebay!  They are an auction site. Postage should be an agreement between the seller and buyer.

They should advise, but not monopolise postage.   

In Ebay's younger days it was so much better!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• 5 months later...
On 3/12/2015 at 03:13, whiskyagogo said:

Hi Guys

I have read a little about this before, now it's happened to me.

I "won" a 45 on ebay tried to pay, realised the price didn't match and noted I had to pay $108 import charges!!

Not a dishonourable chap so I suppose the only way out is to grimace & wear it and stop buying rare stuff off ebay?

Read this :

"INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS READ CAREFULLY: International shipping is via the new Ebay Global Shipping Program. This is a good deal, as the cost is a few dollars more than First Class mail, but tracking and insurance is included. Input your country into the "shipping detail" section for rates. Ebay will provide an invoice at end of auction. If your country is not included in this program, 1st Class mail is $20 (each additional $4), but I will require buyer to pay with an alternative to Paypal. Otherwise, if you pay with Paypal, it must ship Priority Mail insured at cost of around $40 (each additional $3). Please bid ONLY if this is agreed/understood."

Famous last words, the item he sold went for about 60% of the current UK buying price.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!