Rarest 45 On Coloured Vinyl?

SHEFFSOUL

Pickin up on an old thread. This is my copy of The Originals on red vinyl, the thing I've always wondered about is why it has Good Night Irene on both sides (both sides labelled Good Night Irene also) as opposed to the usual B side Need Your Lovin' yet there is no mention of "promo" etc. Its the correct catalogue number etc. So what was the point of pressing them up? I'd understand if it was a red vinyl version of the standard issue but to have both sides with Good Night Irene, yet no mention of promo/demo on the label doesn't seem to fit with any logic, but there must have been some sort of reason - novelty demo or something?

Red Originals.jpg

Social source share

The promo was to be a black on white issue, slated for red vinyl.  I never heard of special demo records with tye store stock label and red vinyl.  Perhaps this was just a pressing error, that the wrong label was placed onto a red vinyl pressing?

Social source share

1 hour ago, codfromderby said:

jimmy ruffin, broken hearted, red vinyl, same both sides

WP_20161002_20_03_16_Pro.jpg

I guess there was a special promo press run of several regular issues that had red vinyl for some particular reason.  I've just never heard why they did that. 

Social source share

It would appear that the "Arp" Pressing Plant pressed quite a few Double A Side Stock Copy Labels.

I have quite a few on Black Vinyl plus this one on Red Vinyl

I always assumed that they were intended for some kind of promotion.

EAST COAST : "Arp" Double A Side Stock Copy

SOUL_S-35022-A_A.jpgSOUL_S-35022-A_AA.jpg

Soul_S-35015a_a.gifSoul_S-35015a_b.gif

VIP_25037a_a.gifVIP_25037a_b.gif

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, 45cellar said:

It would appear that the "Arp" Pressing Plant pressed quite a few Double A Side Stock Copy Labels.

I have quite a few on Black Vinyl plus this one on Red Vinyl

I always assumed that they were intended for some kind of promotion.

SOUL_S-35022-A_A.jpgSOUL_S-35022-A_AA.jpg

Soul_S-35015a_a.gifSoul_S-35015a_b.gif

VIP_25037a_a.gifVIP_25037a_b.gif

Thanks for the info Roger. What you say would seem to make sense re promotional items but the use of stock labels seems strange - not even a "promo" sticker on them?

Social source share

11 hours ago, TRICKY said:

There are yellow vinyl Dynamics releases as well.Commands hey its love or dont be afraid to love me.Cant remember which off hand but my mate still has it.

It is the one with No Time For You on the flip, red vinyl and picture sleeve if you can get it!

Social source share

Well here are Rare Boots from 1970t's Bob Cattaneo Multi coloured Eddie Foster & Sam Fletcher photo's from my collection now sold these beauties and maybe only done in very low numbers and hard to find. Sam Fletcher Red vinyl library pic. Also a Red Wax ORIG 45 Seasons Greetings from Motown Dave G

20151127_140614_001 (2).jpg

20151127_140554 (2).jpg

20151125_104023-1 (2).jpg

20160118_122332-1.jpg

20160118_122346-1.jpg

Edited by soulgrooves
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!