New Cd Out Monday Same Old Same Old

Just saw the advert for the first time tonight .

I did a double take as i still can't get used to elements of the scene being on daytime TV,  immediately I started to cringe but then let it run its course and thought  "Nice one " ! 

Leanna certainly championed the screen and as said by Dean , its aimed at a younger  / new audience.

40000 sales . wow ,theres got to be some interest coming from those customers in the near future.

New blood !  bring it on...

To be honest there can't be many scenes out there that are evading Cameras and the Media, so we may as well accept it and make the most of it. 

KTF.  Frank

Like the Curtis Lee, "  Thumping tune  "

Edited by Bossfourpart1
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

This might get new people into Northern soul but they could have brought other older comps without the need for a new one to be released. All i think is that it's people trying to jump on the bandwagon and cash in with some money. Also as someone pointed out here if people hear this CD for first time and go to a Northern soul night a lot of these won't be played. 

As for Levanna being the face of Northern soul. She seems nice enough but i would wish people allow other young soulies to be featured too because i feel that it will get to the point where everytime they need someone to be on a CD cover, interviewed on TV, featured as dancing to Northern soul or whatever then it will just be Levanna and no one else which to be isn't fair. Not that i would want to be featured since i am not as good looking at her. 

Social source share

This might get new people into Northern soul but they could have brought other older comps without the need for a new one to be released. All i think is that it's people trying to jump on the bandwagon and cash in with some money. Also as someone pointed out here if people hear this CD for first time and go to a Northern soul night a lot of these won't be played. 

Not long after the film came out, I was djing at a soul/ska/reggae night in a typical Amsterdam brown cafe. One of the locals came up and said that he'd just seen the film and really enjoyed it - and could I play the Tomangoes, Rita & the Tiaras and the Salvadors!  :lol: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!