** Sales / Big Old List **

Mal C

Hi all, big old list of 45's, everything here, Northern, Crossover, Modern, Deep, and reissues... Payment terms at the bottom, if you need to hear anything I suggest You tube, find pretty much everything on there these days...

Kind regards,

Malcolm

-----------

The Spoilers - Something About You / GMC Records Ex++ £20

Brilliant Northern soul 45, really is the business

The Esquires - Ain't Gonna give you up / Lamarr M- £15

You can buy all the rare stuff, but nothing beats the Esquires!! Class all the way....

The Metros — Times Changes Things / RCA Issue Ex ++ £15

Two top Class Detroit Group Soul sides on a Black RCA Issue copy…

Maxine Brown - / ABC Paramount WD VG+ £10

Beautiful ballad from 63, Some scratches, and clicks but nice demo none the less...

The Checkmates, Ltd. — Glad For You / Capitol M- £25 ** SOLD **

I really rate this 45, different that ‘Kissin’ Her And Cryin’ For You’ more of a mid tempo Group sound, but its equally as good. Flip is a take on the Whispers release I guess.

John Washington - Burn The Calendar / Sandwich M- £80
Fabulous soulful 45, very mint condition  label and vinyl...

The Faithful Wonders — Ol’ John (Behold Thy Mother) / Tad off Mint (dh) Checker £70
Stunning track, the music and disc, doubt this has been touched since the day it was returned as unsold stock.

The Enjoyables - Push a Little Harder / Well Find a way / Capitol VG++ £45 ** SOLD **
bit of surface wear but a nice copy none the less...

Jimmy Gilford - Heartbreaker - I Wanna be Your Baby / Solid Hit WD M- £45
lovely looking White demo of a Detroit classic... two beautiful sides by the 'Man'!

Lorraine Ellison - Don't Let it Go to Your head / I Dig You baby / Mercury Issue M- £20
Absolute spanker of a copy, scan does not do this 45 justice, its really beautiful which is uncommon for Mercury 45's.. brill double sider.

Wayne Anthony - A Sure Case of Love / A Thousand Miles away / Roulette VG++ £20
Used to play this one on a radio show I co hosted in Australia, strangely it reminds me of an awakening Goliath!!  Brilliant building song, great vocal and piano!

Bobby Copney - Aint No Good / Tuff (Dj Copy) Ex++ £15

Cracking oldie, bit of ring dirt on label but otherwise a nice copy...

Brooks O'Dell - You Better Make up Your Mind / Slow Motion / Bell Demo EX++ £30 ** SOLD **
Stafford track I think, he never made any bad records Brooks...

Skip Easterling - Keep the Fire Burning / The Grass Looks Greener / Alon VG++ £75 ** SOLD **

His best, great backing vocals on this one too…the type is a little faded on this copy, doesn't detract...

Liz Lands - Midnight Johnny / Gordy EX++ tad of M- £100 Reduced to £80

This is the very rare later issue on Gordy, very few have turned up on this label design, Its mint bar a slight mark, I wont say scratch because you cant hear it at all, plays loud and clear, very rare on this design…

Barbara Brown - Pity the Fool / MGM (Sound of Memphis) WD M- £75 ** SOLD **

Sublime soul balled from MGM (Sounds Of Memphis label). Released in the early 7ts, written and produced by Dan Greer.

Donnie Beaumont - Don't Make me go Now / Look But Don't Touch / Mercury VG++ (wol) £10

Worth every penny, seventies cut of  'Down by the ocean by George 'N Sonny Sanders.. great record...

The Foundations - Change My Life / UK Psyco Ex £100
Two 45’s of worth on this label, with a recent reissue of the other, this is a really great Crossover 45…

Ace Spectrum - Live & Learn / Atlantic Demo VG++ £15

Great track from the 'Spectrum' very nice for money this... same song both sides btw..

Willie Greasham and The Free Food Ticket — I Cried Boo Hoo / Majesty Ex £20
Absolute spanker of a copy,  and a brilliant driven Soul Funker…

Howard Tate - Half a Man / verve VG++ £15

always been around and one of those tunes I used to buy as a Youngun at the Old Vic in Wolverhampton, didn't have much cash but tracks like this were affordable, music is blinding!!

Joe L - Worried / Clissac VG+ £15

Bit of wear on the label, not a mint copy but good enough, class record though just as the above...

Black & Blue - What I Got / Goin Back To Miss Annie Mercury Red Issue £120 ** SOLD **
This is the Red Issue with the brilliant flipside; you don’t get this on the common Demo’s, two brilliant crossover tracks for your money…

C.O.D.s - I'm a Good Guy / Kellmac EX++ £10

Not a single bad track on this label, and certainly not from this group, quality Chicago soul for a tenner!!

Junior Wells - Your Tuff Enough / Blue Rock EX++ £15 ** SOLD **

Killer R&B record from Junior wells, I bought this in San Fransisco years ago, spent a day going through a basement shop in China town, for one solitary 45, which is this...

Johnny & the Expressions - Shy Girl / Now That You're Mine / Josie VG++ (xol) £15

This is a brilliant double sider to finish with, nice Josie demo too...notice Ralph weeks on writing credits there as well, he did a great track as 'Ralph Weeks  & The Telecasters' - Something deep inside...wonder if he was in the Expressions?? ** HOLD **

The Manhattans - I cant Stand For you To Leave me / De Luxe M- (dh) £10 ** SOLD **

One of their best on this label, next to 'Give him up'... they never cut any bad tunes did they...

Doris Duke - congratulations baby / RRG M- £15

Jerry Williams arranged and produced, Gary Bonds in the writing credits, and Doris on Vocals... no grey area there, quality song and recording all the way, spanking issue...

Derek Martin - You Better Go / Roulette EX++ £20 Reduced to £10
Heard him sing this at Cleethorpes, every home should have one track, produced by Teddy Randazzo no less.

Jimmie 'Bo' Horne - If You Want my Love / Alston EX++ £20
Fabulous modern/seventies track from Mr 'Horne'. nice red issue...

Ruby Andrews - Casanova / Zodiac M- £15
Spanking copy, and the original of this song thats been covered in every decade as far as I can tell, Josie Armstead yet again! Listen here...

Teddy Pendergrass - it's You I Love / Philly International VG++ £10
One of his best this one, Nice copy...

Dori Grayson - Try Love / Murco VG++ £20
Dave Godin favorite which appeared on one of his Kent records deep soul series, West coast Press, slightly dirty label, but the vinyl and importantly the music, is quality.. Nice track...

Nicole Willis & the Soul Investigators - My Four Leaf Clover / Timmon M- £15
Bought this when it came out, I play the Lp more hence sale, two of the best sides from this lot..

Freddie Scott - Girl I Love You / ABC Probe EX++ £20
Lovely copy in a company sleeve, and what a singer Freddie is on this one, that note he holds on this track is unbelievable...

Ernie Andrews - Where were You / Capitol EX+ (Wol) £25
Classic Northern soul, arranged / conducted by HB Barnum, nuff said...

Cicero Blake - Your Gonna Be Sorry / Mar-V-Lus VG+ (wol) £20
Class Chicago track this one, label is a tad on the grubby side but very acceptable..

The Mayfield Singers - Don't Start None / Inst / Mayfield M- £10 ** SOLD **
Top quality Northern Dancer, nice mint condition...

Danleers - Baby You Got It / Le Mans M- £20
Quality track from this label, are this lot the same as on Midas I wonder?

Three Jades - Show me Your way / Maurci Ex++ £25
Plays with a tad hiss throughout, but its very acceptable, serious Chicago group 45

The Knight Brothers - Temptation Bout to Get Me / Checker VG++ £10

Classic, titchy bit of rub on the label, see scans, otherwsie a nice 45..

Gloria Taylor - You gotta Pay the Price / Glo-Whiz Ex+ £10

Classic track from Gloria, nice blk Issue

Tenison Stephens - Where would You Be / ARIES EX++ £20

First label, and a forgotten tune, play it, you will instantly be taken back to the first time you heard, and had to have it!!! lol

Wallace Brothers - I Need someone / Jewel WD VG++ £10

Classic deep doul 45, vinyl is nice and clean, label has some water damage...

The Tenth Dymentions - My Love For You is Growing Wild / Sapphire M- £15

Class track, as good as their other on the label...

Frank Lynch - Young Girl / My Record M- £40
Brilliant sixties 'Crossover' 45 out of Boston. Love this track, has a real neat Label design, they understood their market for sure...

Little Willie Pollard - No Money / ARK M- £20
Brilliant mid sixties R&B Record, came out on two labels, cant remember which is first, but this is a West Coast release. Ive never been a big R&B fan really, but I love this 45, great Sax Break!!

The Valentines - Got to get yourself together / SS7 EX++ £20
This is the business, fabulous group harmonies, up there with 'Breakaway' its just a different kinda song...

Chuck Jackson - Hand it over, Any Day now, chains of love, Good things / White label EP / VG++ £10
White label for the free with single on the 'Soul galore' LP from the eighties, four brilliant Chuck tracks, I have all the Wand singles but I love this, you pop it on and every track makes you smile.. brill 45 and a bit different being a white label..

George McGregor - Temptation is Hard to Get / Twinight M- £10
From the Numero group, very good 45 taken from the Yellow label Original..

Al Greene - Dont Leave me / Hotline M- £10

Classic track, real nice copy...

Jimmy Thomas - Above a Whisper / T.B. Super Soul M- £10
Listed the better side I think, Ive got an original now so dont need this any longer, sublime song...

Two Plus Two - I'm Sure / Look Around / Velgo M- £12 (Re Issue) ** SOLD **
Real powerful Detroit double sider, both top draw as certain dealers like to say... Personally I put my socks in my top draw...but you get the gist...

-----------

** Payment **

to be made by pay pal, as Friends & Family (Gift Payment) to: arkanoid300@hotmail.com

** POST **

1st Class Signed for Within the Uk (Insured upto £50) £2.50

Reg Post for a single 45 in the UK, (Insured upto £500 within the UK) £7.15

If your overseas just say where and I'll quote you separately... I do not offer free postage unless stated.

Kind regards,

Malcolm

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source