Probably Been Posted Before But Who Is This,?

De-to

Hi

Pervis Lee-You Don't Care......LP only................brilliant & I want one :D

Cheers

Martyn

I was praising this last year on here Martyn, i was shocked at the negative responses :ohmy: 50 copies were booted by one of those European dealers recently (single)

Social source share

Recorded at Arthur Smith's studio in Charlotte, NC.

Smith was a C&W musician who had been writing hit songs since the mid 40's. He opened his studio in Charlotte in 1957.

The likes of Pat Boone, Ronnie Milsap, Johnny Cash  & loads of country artists cut there, however James Brown recorded "Papa's Got A Brand New Bag" there in June 65. 

The fact that JB cut a big hit there probably led other soul singers (such as Pervis Lee) to use the studio.

Think the Pervis Lee track dates from 69 and it was issued on a UK (maybe US) pressed 45 not too long back. 

Edited by Roburt
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I was praising this last year on here Martyn, i was shocked at the negative responses :ohmy: 50 copies were booted by one of those European dealers recently (single)

Neil

First heard Steve Hiscock play it a couple of years or so back,been after one ever since.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

50 copies were booted by one of those European dealers recently (single)

Think the Pervis Lee track dates from 69 and it was issued on a UK (maybe US) pressed 45 not too long back. 

So the recent 45 reissue is a boot ? 

I guessed as it was a legal issue as it was what appears to be his own label Lee Way ..... maybe not ? 

Certainly the LP is ultra rare (£300+) 

A great track none the less and fairly unique , I love it .

Edited by Slim Jim
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

So the recent 45 reissue is a boot ? 

I guessed as it was a legal issue as it was what appears to be his own label Lee Way ..... maybe not ? 

Certainly the LP is ultra rare (£300+) 

A great track none the less and fairly unique , I love it .

It's caused a storm Jim, some bloke somehow doing the underhand thing and having some pressed up, no way will he

have approached the right authorities in the States just to get permission to have 50 copies legally done

Social source share

It's caused a storm Jim, some bloke somehow doing the underhand thing and having some pressed up, no way will he

have approached the right authorities in the States just to get permission to have 50 copies legally done

Oh no ! 

I bought a copy of this a while back for £8 and was under the impression it was a legal issue , played it out and it went down a storm .

Ah well back on the shelf it goes to be played only in the living room ...darn ! 

Thanks for the info  :thumbsup:

Social source share

Oh no ! 

I bought a copy of this a while back for £8 and was under the impression it was a legal issue , played it out and it went down a storm .

Ah well back on the shelf it goes to be played only in the living room ...darn ! 

Thanks for the info  :thumbsup:

Definitely LP only Jim

Social source share

Two issues of the lp    Pervis Lee -Leeway and Pervis Lee -Himself.

The last couple on Ebay have gone for around £280, I've watched them longingly as they soared out of my budget.

An outstanding piece of music,  dripping with soul , poignant lyrics, a superb jazz break as opposed to a boring sax riff so prevalent in many soul tunes.

Social source share

Two issues of the lp    Pervis Lee -Leeway and Pervis Lee -Himself.

The last couple on Ebay have gone for around £280, I've watched them longingly as they soared out of my budget.

An outstanding piece of music,  dripping with soul , poignant lyrics, a superb jazz break as opposed to a boring sax riff so prevalent in many soul tunes.

You also know a good tune when you hear it Nick :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

You should do that - you could post it up here and we could all add stuff to it and maybe someone could do a backing track to it? 

And i`ll get me "Spoons an washboard" backing tracks CD out and find something to fit :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!