Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

KevH

James Cotton - Cut You Loose

Not heard this version before Kev but like it. Should go down well with the cool cats for sure :shades:   3 great versions of this tune with Tamboo release still the strongest IMO.    Bit rude they put Unknown as the the writer though as says M London on the others?.  Or is this originally an old blues record from Robert Johnson era or similar, anyone knows ?   

Not heard this version before Kev but like it. Should go down well with the cool cats for sure :shades:   3 great versions of this tune with Tamboo release still the strongest IMO.    Bit rude they put Unknown as the the writer though as says M London on the others?.  Or is this originally an old blues record from Robert Johnson era or similar, anyone knows ?   

It was written by Mel London, who penned a few other RnB hits.

It was written by Mel London, who penned a few other RnB hits.

Cheers for the info.   :thumbsup:  Just checked  Co-writer of Manish Boy ao . Even more strange they put Unknown then as the Age one charted as well..

It seems to me that the Age version came out before the Tamboo.  The Age version charted, and was played a fair amount on WVON.  It was very common.  I've only seen a few copies of the Tamboo.

It seems to me that the Age version came out before the Tamboo.  The Age version charted, and was played a fair amount on WVON.  It was very common.  I've only seen a few copies of the Tamboo.

Thats right Robb, you wouldn't produce and issue a "modern" tune before an "old style"..... (or would you :g:)

Due to the popularity a few Tamboo's have surfaced.... very in-demand

The Age recording reached #20 in the Billboard R&B chart and #126 in the pop chart in 1963.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts