Mr Smithy

Notty Falcons

Going to be heartbreaking(ish) I can't see all four making it....

I disagree I've watched the last 2 years and the parents have managed to get all the chicks to fledge and I think this year will be the same.

I'm sure I just witnessed the female plucking a pigeon only to have it fall over the edge of the building once it was plucked, she doesn't look happy, and what a shock it would be if you were walking underneath!

Going to be heartbreaking(ish) I can't see all four making it....

Nah, all will be fine. If there were a shortage of pidgins in Notts I could see it maybe. But I find it unlikely there is.

I disagree I've watched the last 2 years and the parents have managed to get all the chicks to fledge and I think this year will be the same.

Nah, all will be fine. If there were a shortage of pidgins in Notts I could see it maybe. But I find it unlikely there is.

Well I definitely hope I am wrong chaps - and I don't say that too often!

We have a pair nesting on our local Church spire ( St.James Church , Louth , Lincs ) Denise and I just had a walk down , as it's only 5 mins from Swift Towers .

They've got a camera on the nest and the female is sitting on 3 Eggs apparently . When we left the male was flying around the Spire , that was great to see although I said to Mrs. that it was a bloody pigeon but then realised it wasn't  :huh: .

Not that I'm into Churches but St. James is quite a stunning Church and it's in it's 500th year of the spire being erected , ooh er missus !!!  :thumbsup:

We have a pair nesting on our local Church spire ( St.James Church , Louth , Lincs ) Denise and I just had a walk down , as it's only 5 mins from Swift Towers .

They've got a camera on the nest and the female is sitting on 3 Eggs apparently . When we left the male was flying around the Spire , that was great to see although I said to Mrs. that it was a bloody pigeon but then realised it wasn't  :huh: .

Not that I'm into Churches but St. James is quite a stunning Church and it's in it's 500th year of the spire being erected , ooh er missus !!!  :thumbsup:

Bet you didn't take 'em a pie, anymore than you send me any.

You're a heartless bugger sometimes.

How you doin Swifty? :wave:

Bet you didn't take 'em a pie, anymore than you send me any.

You're a heartless bugger sometimes.

How you doin Swifty? :wave:

:lol: !! very well thanks Mr. Smithy , trust you are matey :thumbsup:

Just watched the most funny piece of live footage from the camera on the ledge, one of the young falcons was watching a feather spiralling upwards, it's head going from side to side as it raised, mimicking the feather's movement, with it's head tilted backwards as the feather soared above it, it's neck started to revolve and was looking back in the opposite direction when the feather came to rest in the huge pile of debris that is their birthplace, it looked quite perplexed as I'm sure feather's usually mean food, and this one had none.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.