(Test Press)Al Mason-We Still Could Be Together/good Lovin' (Holy Grail)

samfunk

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Ivor Jones

Hello. The "test press" on the attachments has a big red A and B on the respective labels, (like a UK demo copy). Is this a repress ? Every copy I've ever seen of the 12" promo has plain white labels with black text. These are obviously rare and in demand with collectors but they do show up from time to time. Never seen it in this format before ?

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Hello again. Whilst not wishing to ruin your sales thread I do think it appropriate in this case to answer the previous comments. When people mention "represses" its because there are indeed represses of this rarity. As Mike Shawe mentioned earlier, theres a copy on ebay right now. For anyone interested heres what I know.

About 2-3 years back I sold a very rare 12" title to a collector of Disco/Boogie. I went to meet him to hand the record over and we chatted vinyl stories as you do. He was very knowledgable about rare 12" and it was him who clued me up about about the Al Mason repress. He told me that one of the people filtering these out was the seller of the item on ebay now. At the time, I was in contact with the same seller and lo and behold I was offered the same title. I politely declined. Its just so obviously a bootleg when you compare to the real thing.

Getting back to your test pressing. Of course, I have no way of knowing if this is real or not,[to help your sale of the item maybe it would be worth you posting up a scan/picture of the label so that potential buyers can actually see what they are buying ?]. If I'm honest though,its the big red A & B on the labels that make me dubious. They are common place on UK 12 promos from the last 25 years but I can't honestly think of a single US 12" pressing which uses these markings. Maybe there are and I've just never seen them but hopefully you can understand my curiosity.

I do think it is worth pointing this out because most people on here would really only have any knowledge of the 45 version of this great record. Thats what makes things like this so easy to bootleg…..

Any prospective buyers….Make sure you do your homework !

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!