Johnny Watson Its Better To Cry

Its a boot innit ?

Russ

Maybe the red one but think the black is legit, but think your referring to the fact it was never issued originally and found yrs later than originally recorded... Without digging out the finer details Russ :)
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I cant listen to the YT clip right now, as im at work, but didnt they come from the Las Vegas connection ?...if so i wouldnt hold my breath on them being kosher.

Best Russ

some were stung when this first surfaced I was offered one at a fair amount by some one from Carlisle fortunately didn't bite

Social source share

I agree Jordi, its a top class tune for sure, my only thoughts are that of whether it was a legal re issue or a boot.

Hope you are well mate.

Best Russ

Legit as it was pressed up by the label's owner, a 'boot' insofar as it was seen as a con to whip up interest (and money) by being passed off as a rare 60s discovery.

Social source share

Legit as it was pressed up by the label's owner, a 'boot' insofar as it was seen as a con to whip up interest (and money) by being passed off as a rare 60s discovery.

I never knew this had been tried to be passed on as a rare 60's discovery. Surely one look at the label and vinyl would tell anyone that it wasn't a piece of 60's vinyl...or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!