Gospel Expert Needed

Mag

Guest Ivor Jones

I was trying to work out what it was a rip-off of ....

It's just a version of " I Never found a girl" ( Eddie Floyd) . I like it. Thanks for posting it up for us to hear....

Social source share

I was trying to work out what it was a rip-off of ....

It's just a version of " I Never found a girl" ( Eddie Floyd) . I like it. Thanks for posting it up for us to hear....

I've not considered that could be a "I've never found a girl"version.

Thanks guys for all the info,i appreciate

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Three issues listed on 45cat:

https://www.45cat.com/label/tcs

Very interesting to see The Brockington Singers 'Stretch Out' came out on TCS in the same year it appeared on TSOP, and with different writing credits too. Wonder if it's a completely different version?

I should mention that I've played the Tony Carter 45 out from time to time and even had people dance to it. It's a record that gets better as it goes along and has a pretty cool ending.

Social source share

Very interesting to see The Brockington Singers 'Stretch Out' came out on TCS in the same year it appeared on TSOP, and with different writing credits too. Wonder if it's a completely different version?

I should mention that I've played the Tony Carter 45 out from time to time and even had people dance to it. It's a record that gets better as it goes along and has a pretty cool ending.

Its a different song Gareth. Not the same as the TSOP one at all.  Steve

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

TCS was Tony Carters own label, out of Philly as previously mentioned. He owned his own publishing and management company 'Tony Carter Enterprises' and kept it heavily within the family, working with other Carter's Clyde and Gwen.

The label was active from around 1972 but I'm unsure as to when the label dissolved.......this was one of the first released, I think. There's a couple of LP's released on TCS that appeared 'round about 1977, so they had at least 5 years history behind them.

Edited by Greg Belson
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

TCS was Tony Carters own label, out of Philly as previously mentioned. He owned his own publishing and management company 'Tony Carter Enterprises' and kept it heavily within the family, working with other Carter's Clyde and Gwen.

The label was active from around 1972 but I'm unsure as to when the label dissolved.......this was one of the first released, I think. There's a couple of LP's released on TCS that appeared 'round about 1977, so they had at least 5 years history behind them.

Could be this Tony Carter,the pastor mentioned on here:https://heyevent.com/event/1530737480519801/wgok-gospel-inspirator-bro-carl-tony-carter-20th-year-radio-anniversary??

Edited by MAG
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!