Paypal Dispute Help

Why do folk constantly send records worth more than £50 via recorded delivery. I'm led to believe if you send a package underinsured Royal Mail won't pay out a penny if it gets lost or damaged.

I've heard that, but what a load of bollocks with no apparent reason or precedent behind it. Maybe they're basing it on car insurance - where more value might make the insured item more prone to theft, but how does this apply to parcels, where you cant see the contents and the only potential thieves are the insurers own staff?

maybe they think that if it gets mis-delivered, or left with a dodgy relative, it'll be less likely to be returned if it's of value, increasing their exposure to payouts.

seems dodgy though, pretty sure that if insure my house contents for 20 grand but actually have 30 grands worth of stuff, it doesn't invalidate my insurance

Social source share

I've heard that, but what a load of bollocks with no apparent reason or precedent behind it. Maybe they're basing it on car insurance - where more value might make the insured item more prone to theft, but how does this apply to parcels, where you cant see the contents and the only potential thieves are the insurers own staff?

maybe they think that if it gets mis-delivered, or left with a dodgy relative, it'll be less likely to be returned if it's of value, increasing their exposure to payouts.

seems dodgy though, pretty sure that if insure my house contents for 20 grand but actually have 30 grands worth of stuff, it doesn't invalidate my insurance

Its just another way of getting out of paying up......though Im about to send Royal Mail an email questioning this in light of the fact that they also only like to pay the seller their cost price of missing/damaged goods rather than the full selling price.

If this is the case, then if I buy a record for £50, then sell it for £100, the insurance will only cover me for my purchase cost of £50....so why send it Special Delivery insured to £100 if all they are willing to pay out is the actual £50 cost (to me) value.

For anyone who hasn't seen my rant on FB, I've had a recorded package go missing this week with an unreadable receipt signature that looks like spider scrawl (attached pic of signature below).... but RM say that is proof enough of delivery ........ also an International Signed and Tracked package with a value of £160 that has been returned from Portugal 12 weeks ago via Belfast and has now been sat in a Sheffield (????)  processing centre for over 3 weeks.....they have said I might have to claim but don't want proof of how much I sold the records for, but rather how much I pad for them.

W**kers .... end of script!

Below is apparently an acceptable signature of receipt...... !

post-1820-0-98984800-1427852691_thumb.jp

Edited by Mace
Social source share

One big factor, if Royal Mail had to fully compensate for everything getting "lost" then they would go bust.

The appeals process goes to someone in an office who's job it is is to wriggle RM out of responsibility.

Theft is rife, i personally know at least 5 postal workers who are in the know.

If an empty package or a thousand pound record goes "missing" then THEFT is THEFT

Social source share

One big factor, if Royal Mail had to fully compensate for everything getting "lost" then they would go bust.

The appeals process goes to someone in an office who's job it is is to wriggle RM out of responsibility.

Theft is rife, i personally know at least 5 postal workers who are in the know.

If an empty package or a thousand pound record goes "missing" then THEFT is THEFT

niel , if you know of five postal workers who are in the know , may i suggest you report them to royal mail , you may not believe it but theft is taken very seriously at royal mail , i work for them and the thought of someone stealing stuff from them , leaves a bad taste in my mouth , as for theft is rife , i don,t believe it is , there's always a few thiefs about , but that can be said for most workplaces imo , hope your well mate.

Social source share

His feedback is shocking!  Anything under 100% should be looked at Mike.  One comment to someone who left him negative feedback "everyone hates you, look up your name on the internet"  :lol:

I like the comment he left to a buyer - 'I hope you and your records fall down a well'

Social source share

niel , if you know of five postal workers who are in the know , may i suggest you report them to royal mail , you may not believe it but theft is taken very seriously at royal mail , i work for them and the thought of someone stealing stuff from them , leaves a bad taste in my mouth , as for theft is rife , i don,t believe it is , there's always a few thiefs about , but that can be said for most workplaces imo , hope your well mate.

I didn't include you Gogger. The five i know have done nothing wrong so i can't very well report them for anything, it's what i have learnt from them over the years. i'm ok mate other than that.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I didn't include you Gogger. The five i know have done nothing wrong so i can't very well report them for anything, it's what i have learnt from them over the years. i'm ok mate other than that.

no problem neil , glad there honest , hate thievin barstewards 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!