The Esquire,s

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

a bit off topic but in the early 80,s i saw get on up on a juke box in a small town in romania, being very sad like i put it on hopefully seeing the label thinking it might be a rare romanian stateside or similar, ran over to the juke box and the record looked like it used to be one of the sceptre wand (i think) re issues but it was so dirty you couldnt see, still played though

Social source share

Going back to The Esquires, I've not heard the album version, but I did pick up the Bunky Records issue of 'Get on up' a few years back and then on Ju-Par Records from Detroit the 1976 version also by The Esquires titled 'Get on up '76'.

On the flip side of the earlier release is 'Listen to me' - worth a spin, and the flip of the '76 version is 'Dancing disco' - naff lyrics but a sort of 2 step.

Social source share

Just dug back in my records again and another Esquires, on Bunky again. The side I like more is 'Everybody's laughing' which to me has the feel of Tony Clarke's 'The Entertainer'. The flip side is 'And get away', faster, and seems linked to 'Get on up' at least in the lyric.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!