simon t

Still Using Windows Xp?

Anyone still using xp?  If so, have you had any major problems?

got it on the wifes old tablet , plays up all the time , can't update , got some old files on it i need to transfer , taking me ages to do it , think it will pack in before i complete , still going though  :g:

got it on the wifes old tablet , plays up all the time , can't update , got some old files on it i need to transfer , taking me ages to do it , think it will pack in before i complete , still going though  :g:

Apparently MS have not stopped supporting XP and will continue to do so until 2019. They have a version of XP running in millions of 'computers'  across the world such as cashpoint machines. You only have to make a small change to the registery to convince the MS update server that your PC is running the 'cash machine' version.  I've tried it on a old PC running Xp and it works a treat

Apparently MS have not stopped supporting XP and will continue to do so until 2019. They have a version of XP running in millions of 'computers'  across the world such as cashpoint machines. You only have to make a small change to the registery to convince the MS update server that your PC is running the 'cash machine' version.  I've tried it on a old PC running Xp and it works a treat

cheers simon , could you tell me how to do this please  :thumbsup:

cheers simon , could you tell me how to do this please  :thumbsup:

PM me a 'hello', and I'll PM you the links to explain it and a copy of the .reg  file too.

Normally, a stranger asking you to merge something into your registry and running activex are very risky things to do. However, as your windows xp security has long since been open to being compromised you probably are not going to be any more vulnerable and should be safer after installing the updates.

Edited by simon t

Anyone still using xp?  If so, have you had any major problems?

I quite liked XP but our bank wouldn't allow us to do any PC banking with it. We changed to Vista Basic, not as good as XP :(

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.