damian

New Here - Hi

Hi everyone, 

What's up? I will surely be the odd guy here as I don't know the first thing about soul music, only recently have been getting into it, I've been more of a pop man all my life. But, you know, you run across songs and they grab your attention and your tastes start shifting.. for me I think my proper introduction to NS (emphasis on the 'N') was Bobbi Smith's "Walk On Into My Heart" just a few weeks back. I couldn't put it down for days. A few days later I discovered Big Frank and the Essences' I Won't Let Her See Me Cry and it was more of the same. 

Found a thread recently where someone asked about good records that could be had for cheap and I took note of every recommendation and I'm slowly going through the list..

Aaand... just that for now. Cheers from (usually, though not now) sunny Spain! 

Hi Damian and welcome to Soul Source.

Interesting to read about records grabbing your attention. A bit of passion never a bad thing and a virtual necessity with this kind of music.

Great shout with the Bobbie Smith btw, 30+ years on for me and it still works a charm.  :) 

The good thing about this is that since I'm just getting started, even dirt cheap stuff many people here would probably scoff at is a discovery to me! Like Gloria Taylor's You Gotta Pay the Price for example, discovered it a few days back and I love it, now I'm after a really cheap copy. Postage to Spain tends to spoil good deals.. ¬¬

PS Thanks for the welcome btw  :)

Edited by damian

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.