David Morris - Stoned On Love - Radnor

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forris woods was the version i was familiar with, only recently aware of the David Morris one.  Perhaps i've heard David Morris many times thinking it was Forris Woods.

It was used as a b-side filler on the Abbott release.   There's every chance it was done under the name Forris Woods because David Morris was contractually obligated

I'll take that bet.   I believe my ears better than i believe your memory....    

Posted

While were on the subject, if both "cuts" are exactly the same then why two different artists (or are they 1 & only?)

Forris woods was the version i was familiar with, only recently aware of the David Morris one.  Perhaps i've heard David Morris many times thinking it was Forris Woods.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

While were on the subject, if both "cuts" are exactly the same then why two different artists (or are they 1 & only?)

It was used as a b-side filler on the Abbott release.

There's every chance it was done under the name Forris Woods because David Morris was contractually obligated elsewhere.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Just played both copies on YouTube and so long as they are the correct version for each label scan there is no difference in them whatsoever.

There are three repetitions of the opening brass riff, then the singer comes in at the point where the fourth would occur.

Bet you a fiver Forris is a longer intro :)

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It was used as a b-side filler on the Abbott release.

There's every chance it was done under the name Forris Woods because David Morris was contractually obligated elsewhere.

Or that  David Morris is a boring name.(apologies to any David Morris's reading this).

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Forris Woods - David Morris Stoned On Love..
    Record Wants by staceys dad on Sat 20 Jan 2018
    • 2 / 486
    • staceys dad on 24 Jan 2018
  2. David Morris-stoned On Love
    Look At Your Box by donkit on Sun 28 Feb 2010
    • 6 / 1008
    • phild on 01 Mar 2010
  3. Forris Woods Or David Morris-stoned On Love
    Look At Your Box by foi on Wed 05 Apr 2017
    • 3 / 979
    • foi on 09 Apr 2017
  4. 70s ,80s Set Sale Willie John , David Morris , Magic Night