soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 16
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

a bloody fortune i would,ve thought, john. not seen an original copy for centuries. one of the hardest arctic releases ,imo.maybe £150- £200.

best regards, bri.

GOT MINE FOR £50 IN 1989 AT SHOTTS NIGHTER IN SCOTLAND,NOT TO MANY ABOUT,SEEMED ALOT THEN [MONEY[bUT REALLY HAVE NOT SEEN THAT MANY.LOVE THE FLIP ALSO.

BAZ A,

Which is partly why I asked, I havn't seen one for sale in a long time, and wouldn't mind a copy........Great tune ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Anyone know how much an original copy of this goes for nowadays ?

Hi John

I Bought mine in the 70's - White DEMO - Haven't seen another since. I don't know If my memory serves me right here, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that this record is also collected by another music genre & collectors thus harder to get one.

If you find one grab it, I'd never part with mine - It's a Brilliant Record

Hope you find one, However, The Price might not reflect just how rare It is.

Manship's Guide 3rd Edition has It at £50

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Was this one of the Arctic numbers to get booted !!
Dont know if it got booted ,but jamie guyden reissued quite a few late seventie/early eighties,darker bluey green labels,inc billy floyd(which was odd as it wasnt that well known at the time),got loads of these from bonnie brenner at jamie $1 each inc postage.
Social source share

Hi John

I Bought mine in the 70's - White DEMO - Haven't seen another since. I don't know If my memory serves me right here, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that this record is also collected by another music genre & collectors thus harder to get one.

Manship's Guide 3rd Edition has It at £50Fair bit of gospel on the label ,could be the other genre!

Social source share

Was this one of the Arctic numbers to get booted !!

Don't think so... well if it was they didn't do many cos i've never seen any...

In fact i think i've only seen 2 or 3 come up for sale since i got mine well over 10 years ago.

I will.. as always... bow to better knowledge... top tune whatever! :)

Social source share

I've also got a white demo and sold my spare issue copy about six months ago. After having been after a copy for YEARS, I first bought the issue copy for £100, then won the demo copy on eBay in January 2006 for $34. Promptly managed to re-sell the issue copy for £150 so a good deal in the end as I got some money "back". :) It's an extremely hard record to find and is consistently undervalued.

The flipside "Make Your Move" is very gritty and closer to garage rock than soul in my opinion and might be collected by the garage scene, I don't know. But I rather think that it's genuinely rare and that's why it's so hard to find.

The 70s styrene reissue incorrectly states the title as "You're Number 1" while the original has got it down as "Your Number 1".

Top, top tune. :)

Scans below of both the issue and demo copies:

volcanos_demo_a.jpg(post-1392-1156779489

volcanos_issue_a.jpg(post-1392-115677952

volcanos_demo_b.jpg(post-1392-1156779544

volcanos_issue_b.jpg(post-1392-115677955

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

I've also got a white demo and sold my spare issue copy about six months ago. After having been after a copy for YEARS, I first bought the issue copy for £100, then won the demo copy on eBay in January 2006 for $34. Promptly managed to re-sell the issue copy for £150 so a good deal in the end as I got some money "back". :yes: It's an extremely hard record to find and is consistently undervalued.

The flipside "Make Your Move" is very gritty and closer to garage rock than soul in my opinion and might be collected by the garage scene, I don't know. But I rather think that it's genuinely rare and that's why it's so hard to find.

The 70s styrene reissue incorrectly states the title as "You're Number 1" while the original has got it down as "Your Number 1".

Top, top tune. :yes:

Scans below of both the issue and demo copies:

Hi

It could be garage, It's just something I remember reading about a few years ago.

Thanks for posting the Label Scans, I was extremely fortunate to locate the White DEMO as mentioned on previous my post, but I've never ever seen a Stock Copy.

As you quite rightly point out, "It's an extremely hard record to find and is consistently undervalued".

Whatever the reason for It's rarity, It's a worthwhile purchase, "IF" you can find one that is.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi John

Yep, Garage, my mate has stonking garage collection and this is in it, issue i think he values it about the ton i reckon.

Social source share