I'd Like To Play

Guest Andy BB

Guest Andy BB

Now don't dismiss this out of hand...

Recently I've (re)developed an incredible fondness for Dee C Lee's 'See The Day'

I threatened to play it at the last 100 Club/Valatone and my bird said she'd knock my head off (and those of you who know her will know she could).

I just put it in my play box for the Brighton weekend (at the alldayer, not the niter) and she clocked me.

I maintain that it's a fantastic (and worthy) soul record.

So it's up to you the jury...

What do you think?

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest martinsbox

Recently I've (re)developed an incredible fondness for Dee C Lee's 'See The Day'

I threatened to play it at the last 100 Club/Valatone and my bird said she'd knock my head off (and those of you who know her will know she could).

I just put it in my play box for the Brighton weekend (at the alldayer, not the niter) and she clocked me.

What do you think?

A lovely looking girl in the video . . . still got it!!! ranting_1.gif Not a bad tune either, but northern, even modern, I think not.

Martin

Martin

Social source share

Scared of yer Bird mate***??? you big girls blouse! :lol::D

If you believe in it play it.... and bollocks to what Carrots says! ranting_1.gif - tho it's hardly dancefloor dynamite is it?

**** so am I ! :D:D

Social source share

What do you think?

Used to have it,and a t`shirt...............pile of shite ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Must admit i've always wanted to play TSC 'Solid bond in your heart', superb soulful pop mod monster or sommat, love the Dee Cee Lee but it's deffo one for playing indoors really although would be a nice little tune to hear in the afternoon, anyway i'd rather hear that than some 1972 Psych record about Elves.

Simon :thumbsup:

Social source share

would be great to hear the one she did with Guru in the early 90s - 'never no time to play'

Shane

:thumbsup:

Used to have a Guru CD, some brilliant soulful, jazzy, hip hop sorta stuff (is a way to explain it)

Think i lent it to a mate and never got it back, it was proberly on that CD.

Cheers for reminding me about Guru Shane :lol:

Social source share

What do you think?

Time to change the bird, mate if she is trying to influence you djing playlist :thumbsup::lol:

Social source share

Our DC (Ex Mrs Weller or girlfriend if I'm right) is a fine singer in my opinion - ' No Time To Play ' standout track from Guru's fine Jazzmatazz projects. Like him or not anyone who gathers together PROPER musicians is ok in my book.

One not mentioned which has had a few plays is her 'Things Will Be Sweeter ' 12 from mid 90s. From the era of the Affair / Act Of Faith Drizabone etc.

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

What do you think?

I'm with Mrs. BB on this one, mate - dreadful dirge, completely soul-less and barely worthy of a place in your bin, much less your record box...

...HOWEVER:

There is a terrific dancer on Dee's "Shine" album (which also includes STD) called "That's When Something Special Starts" - and that's worthy of three and a bit minutes of anyone's time, IMO!

TONE :yes:

Social source share

Guest claude rains

I'm with Mrs. BB on this one, mate - dreadful dirge, completely soul-less and barely worthy of a place in your bin, much less your record box...

...HOWEVER:

There is a terrific dancer on Dee's "Shine" album (which also includes STD) called "That's When Something Special Starts" - and that's worthy of three and a bit minutes of anyone's time, IMO!

TONE :thumbsup:

Have a bit of an interesting story about ex wham and council backer.

My aunt, whom is only about 48 use to live in london, back in early 80's. She shared a flat with a couple of girls, one being D.C. Lee, though at the time not famous.

They all use to wonder what she did, as she kept her self to her self. She would always leave quite late to go to work, dressed shall we say not very conservatively.

Anyway wasn't till a year or so later she spotted her singing with wham on TOTP's

The record is ok, remember buying it in woolworths as 14 year old school boy. Though my taste has changed alot since then. Reminds me of something dusty, petula or similar 60's pop songstress might of sang.

Social source share

Guest soul_hull

crap girly nonsense.

i embarrassingly liked celine dion's 'love can move mountains' - it actually really was a house/garage classic in it's day (or at least the remixes were) - and i remember being out at a club and liking it - this is way before CD got famous like. still think it's not bad for an early 90's garage type number

also - does anyone remember the style council's other female singer tracie? she did a song called the house that jack built, and a song i really liked called 'give it some emotion'. i even like the flip 'the boy hairdresser'.

she wasn't as sexy as dee c lee though!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!