Jackie Day ‎– Before It's Too Late

Here's one of the boots/re-issues with the instrumental on the flip.

If anyone else has any info on the provenance of these it would be interesting to know.

https://www.popsike.com/JACKIE-DAYARTHUR-WRIGHTbefore-its-too-lateinstroNORTHERN-MODmirwoodLISTEN/230865453946.html

Quite possibly Simon Soussan got those made up...

Edited by ElGeePee
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Here's one of the boots/re-issues with the instrumental on the flip.

If anyone else has any info on the provenance of these it would be interesting to know.

https://www.popsike.com/JACKIE-DAYARTHUR-WRIGHTbefore-its-too-lateinstroNORTHERN-MODmirwoodLISTEN/230865453946.html

These are Simon Soussan boots he "conned" Arthur Wright to letting him have some stuff an instrumental of "Hurt on the other side" came out at about the same time.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

According to Mr Manship this is a legit copy. Whether Mr Soussan had anything to do with it I'm not sure but do know it was played out about 72/73 at The Highland Room so whether he was cutting his dodgy stuff at this time again I'm non the wiser. I presume this is the only way to obtain the instrumental??

Social source share

I thought it was more 74. Three came out in total: Before it's Too Late, Mary Love, Lay this Burden Down, and Vernon Garrett, If I could Turn Back The Hands Of Time. All on Blue(Turquoise?) Modern, with the Arthur Wright Orchestra instrumental flip.

Paul

• Helpful 2
Social source share

According to Mr Manship this is a legit copy. Whether Mr Soussan had anything to do with it I'm not sure but do know it was played out about 72/73 at The Highland Room so whether he was cutting his dodgy stuff at this time again I'm non the wiser. I presume this is the only way to obtain the instrumental??

I used to go the Highland Room in 72/73 never heard it. John M would have been about ten at the time I guess.

Social source share

I used to go the Highland Room in 72/73 never heard it. John M would have been about ten at the time I guess.

It definitely was played there. I attended from 70 till 73 and although I can't remember what I had for tea last night it was played.

Social source share

Well, I spoke to the head DJ at the Highland room he says not.

Maybe not at the decks every minute, could have been played by Tony Jebb or Les Cockel? Anyway I never went to any other events and I'm not dreaming but it's a minor point me thinks?? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Nothing stamped in the run out, just scratched MM 1028-1.

I seem to remember it being played at Wigan, possibly even where I bought it from.

Kev

Kev. Exactly the same colour turquoise as the Mary Love. Lay this burden down. Which I was told was a legit issue. So I'm assuming the same goes for the Jackie Day.

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!