Ebay Help Please

Daz Mc

i sold a record 2 weeks ago and the buyer still hasnt paid , ive opened up a case in the resolution center and sent him 2 messages to no response, how long does it take till ebay take over ? and can i get my money off him at all ? , any help muchly appreciated.

Social source share

i sold a record 2 weeks ago and the buyer still hasnt paid , ive opened up a case in the resolution center and sent him 2 messages to no response, how long does it take till ebay take over ? and can i get my money off him at all ? , any help muchly appreciated.

If he's not going to pay you he's not going to pay you Daz.  Keep the claim open so that ebay can refund your fees.  And block the buyer.  That's about it really.

Social source share

Cheers Pete , thing is he is a newbie who only had 1 feedback , he actually said can i pay u in a few days as watching other stuff , i said yes , afterwards i thought why not just pay as u go along like everyone else

Exactly, if he's agreed to buy a record, pay for it!  Whether he's watching other stuff or not is irrelevant, 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I, probably like many, have had exactly the same thing, as well as the "watching other stuff" bit. Crazy thing is, you can't give negative feedback to a buyer. How mad is that?!!!

Social source share

I, probably like many, have had exactly the same thing, as well as the "watching other stuff" bit. Crazy thing is, you can't give negative feedback to a buyer. How mad is that?!!!

Not any more it was possible a few years ago. Keep the Ebay claim open and get your fees back, you will have lost your listing fee, good luck.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Cheers Pete , thing is he is a newbie who only had 1 feedback , he actually said can i pay u in a few days as watching other stuff , i said yes , afterwards i thought why not just pay as u go along like everyone else

I once tried that at ASDA......strangely enough they told me to f******!

Do they still award the un-paid item strikes?

Social source share

Ebay is a joke. My perfect feedback has been ruined by two idiots who left me negative feedback, and there's nothing you can do about it. They can read the messages between you and the buyer, yet still won't overturn a negative feedback even though you are in the right.

When that guy in Belgium tried to rip me off with a bootleg with a scaned label stuck on top, he eventually admitted what he'd done in a message to me. And what did ebay do? They found in HIS favour.

Tossers!

Social source share

Ebay is a joke. My perfect feedback has been ruined by two idiots who left me negative feedback, and there's nothing you can do about it. They can read the messages between you and the buyer, yet still won't overturn a negative feedback even though you are in the right.

When that guy in Belgium tried to rip me off with a bootleg with a scaned label stuck on top, he eventually admitted what he'd done in a message to me. And what did ebay do? They found in HIS favour.

Tossers!

You can appeal their decision, I've done in similar circumstances, I did via their on-line chat type function. Good luck.

Social source share

Unless the buyer has notified me of a good reason to delay payment (eg holiday, business etc), and has given me a date when I can expect payment, I normally open an Unpaid Item Dispute without warning if the buyer hasn't paid after four days since the auction closed (you can open the dispute after two days, but I prefer to give some leeway).  I then give them another four days to pay.  If they still haven't paid after that, I close the case to ensure I get my final value fees credited, and block them from bidding in any of my future auctions.

Hope that helps.  I believe Ebay still issue unpaid item strikes, but that means nothing these days.  Looks like a buyer can have strikes in double figures, and yet still be allowed to bid on items.

Edited by Gene-R
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!