Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Quinvy

Clarkson - My Apology

I must apologise to all for my save our Clarkson thread.

I saw a post on facebook saying that the program had been pulled due to "another Clarkson gaffe" so I jumped to the conclusion that he had said something un PC.

If I had known that he had actually assaulted someone, I wouldn't have jumped to his defence.

Although I am a big fan of JC, what he did was inexcusable and he had to go. End of.

I should have found out all the facts before posting. Sorry.

Edited by Quinvy

I wouldn't worry about it. There are others who start far more contentious threads without the faintest idea of any relevant facts.

I think the BBC have done the right thing having discovered the full story

One wonders what took the BBC so long to arrive at its conclusion.  Any other company and it would have been sorted in a couple of days.  

Money,Chalky.BTW Phil,you've got nothing to apologise for.......

One wonders what took the BBC so long to arrive at its conclusion.  Any other company and it would have been sorted in a couple of days.

But they wouldn`t have shut the entire company down which is what`s happened here.

Murdoch will be having 3 contracts knocked up right away!

But they wouldn`t have shut the entire company down which is what`s happened here.

Murdoch will be having 3 contracts knocked up right away!

I enjoyed the show but you can't abuse and assault a fellow employee and not expect some form of retribution.  You or I would have been hauled into a meeting the following day and sacked within two.  Reading the report he fully deserved what he got.  The contracts of all three were up next Tuesday but he wasn't bothered in the slightest as he knows full well he will get signed up with another network, he is after all good at his job.

If Top Gear continues I do hope they don't sign three "presenters" with no in-depth knowledge of motoring.  Guy Martin being touted as one possible, he would be a good choice for one.  The lass who used to do The Gadget Show who works on formula one now would be another choice, can't remember her name.

I enjoyed the show but you can't abuse and assault a fellow employee and not expect some form of retribution.  You or I would have been hauled into a meeting the following day and sacked within two.  Reading the report he fully deserved what he got.  The contracts of all three were up next Tuesday but he wasn't bothered in the slightest as he knows full well he will get signed up with another network, he is after all good at his job.

If Top Gear continues I do hope they don't sign three "presenters" with no in-depth knowledge of motoring.  Guy Martin being touted as one possible, he would be a good choice for one.  The lass who used to do The Gadget Show who works on formula one now would be another choice, can't remember her name.

Suzi Perry.?

Edited by KevH

Suzi Perry.?

Perhaps she should be come a celebrity northern soul show presenter, after all her old man jointly ran the Catacombs ( more credability than most celebs)

Dave

Guy Martin being touted as one possible, he would be a good choice for one.  

Guy Martin should be given his own show anyway regardless of TG. His series of 'Speed' shows were fantastic telly.

Perhaps she should be come a celebrity northern soul show presenter, after all her old man jointly ran the Catacombs ( more credability than most celebs)

Dave

Which old man.? Ex or father.?

Edited by KevH

Clarkson knew fook all about cars ,he couldn't empty the ash tray never mind change a wheel ,he was just a big loud mouthed man in the pub bigot who got a dream job driving flash cars and pissing on ordinary affordable cars.

Clarkson knew fook all about cars ,he couldn't empty the ash tray never mind change a wheel ,he was just a big loud mouthed man in the pub bigot who got a dream job driving flash cars and pissing on ordinary affordable cars.

That's a ridiculous post. He was responsible for turning Top Gear into the success it has become. Whether you like him or not is neither here nor there. Surely your post is bigoted against him?

He got his just deserts , good riddance I say ... :thumbsup: 

Yes he'll no doubt pop up next week on ITV or Sky , with or without his 'mates' (without I suspect) but that's fine with me as I'll never entertain Sky and never watch ITV ... :lol: 

Been nice to be able to express an opinion on this again since the other thread got moved to the ridiculously exclusive CA section ... :wicked:   

A big mouthed pub bigot he may be but he does know what he is on about when it comes to cars.  To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.  He was writing and test driving cars long before top gear.

Nah your wrong there barney, he was chief writer and some sort of editor for performance car magazine, he had/has a great knowledge of cars and turned TopGear from a mediocre 1/2 motoring show into the world wide success it is now.

He got his just deserts , good riddance I say ... :thumbsup:

Yes he'll no doubt pop up next week on ITV or Sky , with or without his 'mates' (without I suspect) but that's fine with me as I'll never entertain Sky and never watch ITV ... :lol:

Been nice to be able to express an opinion on this again since the other thread got moved to the ridiculously exclusive CA section ... :wicked:   

He didn't get any desserts - that was the problem. :lol:

I just didn't want anyone to think I condone violence.

You mean like Prescott :wicked: . Wonder what he'll do now ? The program is world famous I suspect replacing him will result in a declining audience (for a while anyway)

You mean like Prescott :wicked: . Wonder what he'll do now ? The program is world famous I suspect replacing him will result in a declining audience (for a while anyway)

And a declining income for the BBC  :wink:

Nah your wrong there barney, he was chief writer and some sort of editor for performance car magazine, he had/has a great knowledge of cars and turned TopGear from a mediocre 1/2 motoring show into the world wide success it is now.

I may be talking ridiculous but stopped watching top gear soon after Clarkson took over , he treats his fellow presenters appallingly , he appears to treat ordinary joes like some thing on his shoe he as just trod on ,and as committed numerous gaffes and made offensive statements that should have seen him taken off public service broadcasting ages ago,.

as for his being chief writer /editor of some obscure motor magazine wow , that's a proper job innit ,

look Clarkson is a typical ex public schoolboy bully who got by on not what he could do but on who he knew . we have suffered from this since adam were a lad , just look at his mates .

cant imagine what he would think of our scene and the music , that alone would probably make him my public enemy number one  ,.

Edited by barney

I'm a confirmed Petrolhead so Love Tg and Clarkson. Add to this our Son was on a tour of Iraq when the Mirror published those false abuse pictures, so the fact that Jezza tw@ted it's snivelling little shit of an Editor makes him due a Knighthood in my book.

Clarkson may be a 'bit of a lad' but not only does he stand up for our Armed forces, he is not to afraid to be 'Proud to be British' something which the vocal PC minority seem to think is a crime these days.......

Jezza for PM - Vote Clarkson. :thumbsup:

I like him but his ridiculous denials of the Fallklands number plate when they went to Argentina lost him a lot of credibility. You can't hit a colleague and expect to carry on

I like him but his ridiculous denials of the Fallklands number plate when they went to Argentina lost him a lot of credibility. You can't hit a colleague and expect to carry on

The plate actually was the one registered to the Porsche he drove!.......looking like Murdoch has bagged them.

http://www.carsceneuk.com/?p=11553#prettyPhoto

Edited by Steve Lane

Jeremy Clarkson has made the BBC a fortune via Top Gear and in the process made millions for himself according to an article in The Guardian in one year alone he netted excess of £14 million (source The Guardian 2013/Jul/16/) and indeed Top Gear is a massive money spinner for the BBC with a global audience of over 350 million [also worth noting is that Top Gear as well as many others is a programmes is made by the British compulsory public TV licence a cost of between and £49.00 and £145.50 then re-sold world wide at a profit]

As for him being pro-British yes he is an avid supporter of the British Forces (his wife's father won a VC) but the damage he caused to British industry via his constant criticism of MG Rover cannot be overlooked and the detriment he caused to the company. When MG Rover collapsed in April 2005 with a loss of at least 6,000 jobs at its Longbridge plant and another estimated and perhaps as many as 25,000 jobs were reported to have been lost in related supply industries, meaning that the total number of job losses brought on by MG Rover's collapse was somewhere in the region of 30,000.

Clarkson said "In fact when I heard the news my first thought was 'good" (source BBC News 18/May/2005)

Does this sound like a man who is pro British? I can't see him being without work and having to try too hard to find a new contract but he has had a good run that has with the BBC that at last the come to an end and his comments and antics albeit perhaps it may be argued aimed at getting publicity have been his downfall, i still believe he has got off lightly if i was to strike never mind attack a fellow co-worker or indeed any member of the public and inflict on them injuries that required hospitial treatment i would be looking at a Grievous Bodily Harm charge at the very least and if found guilty a possible prison sentence, he is very lucky the the person involved in the incident isn't pressing charges but if he did could i really see Jezza getting any form of sentence that we might expect as the general public?

Sorry i won't be crying any tears for him.

Russ

I can't agree. I still can't see what the fuss was about. Talk about obscure. Some of the personal number plates that people have on their cars, I wouldn't have a clue what they referred to. If you squint, imagine the screw is a letter H, and ignore the other two numbers in the middle, it clearly spells my name. What a load of bollocks.

I can't agree. I still can't see what the fuss was about. Talk about obscure. Some of the personal number plates that people have on their cars, I wouldn't have a clue what they referred to. If you squint, imagine the screw is a letter H, and ignore the other two numbers in the middle, it clearly spells my name. What a load of bollocks.

I don't agree either, I'd never have made that connection  to the Falklands conflict.  Clarkson just wasn't enough of a left wing luvvie for the BBC so he had to go.

When MG Rover collapsed in April 2005 with a loss of at least 6,000 jobs at its Longbridge plant and another estimated and perhaps as many as 25,000 jobs were reported to have been lost in related supply industries, meaning that the total number of job losses brought on by MG Rover's collapse was somewhere in the region of 30,000.

Clarkson said "In fact when I heard the news my first thought was 'good" (source BBC News 18/May/2005)

I could give you a long list of people who would have thought exactly the same as Clarkson when they were sat at the side road waiting for the AA to attend to yet another Head gasket failure on their MG-R car.  It was quite hard to be loyal when your British car constantly broke down, hemorrhaged cash and was next to worthless come PX time.

MG-R went bust because nobody bought their not very well made dated cars, at the time of it's collapse it's newest model the 'City Rover' was a re-badged Tata Indicar made in India which MG-R paid £3K for, shipped over here and tried to sell for £6.5K....... lots of British jobs involved there then.

The rest of it's model range was WAY overdue replacement by 2005( 25/45/75/TF) but after putting millions into their 'British' directors pension pots they had no money left to make new cars hence trying to jump into bed with Nanjing/SIAC in an desperate effort to secure funding for new models.

If you really must pin the blame for the demise of MG-R on someone I'd say try the Government (think Renault)...... or even those cherry pickers from Bavaria.

Edited by Zed1

I could give you a long list of people who would have thought exactly the same as Clarkson when they were sat at the side road waiting for the AA to attend to yet another Head gasket failure on their MG-R car.  It was quite hard to be loyal when your British car constantly broke down, hemorrhaged cash and was next to worthless come PX time.

MG-R went bust because nobody bought their not very well made dated cars, at the time of it's collapse it's newest model the 'City Rover' was a re-badged Tata Indicar made in India which MG-R paid £3K for, shipped over here and tried to sell for £6.5K....... lots of British jobs involved there then.

The rest of it's model range was WAY overdue replacement by 2005( 25/45/75/TF) but after putting millions into their 'British' directors pension pots they had no money left to make new cars hence trying to jump into bed with Nanjing/SIAC in an desperate effort to secure funding for new models.

If you really must pin the blame for the demise of MG-R on someone I'd say try the Government (think Renault)...... or even those cherry pickers from Bavaria.

Maybe he should have told a few porkies with it being british  :rofl:  One thing with him he was honest IMO in his reviews, brutally honest at times but that is what you have to be when doing a review, not dress it up to please the PC brigade.  If something is terrible then he, or anyone else for that matter wouldn't be doing their job if they said otherwise.

Zed1, on 29 Mar 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:snapback.png

Firstly thank you for your reply and secondly please excuse the incorrect qoute style i have used but i must clarify some points you have i believe incorrectly mentioned in you post.

The head gasket fault on the Rover "K" series engine is well known and if only MGR had spent just as little as an extra £1.40 on a better head gasket and use of proper head dowels this fault could have rendered almost obsolete but they didn't and now this fault has been blown up vastly out of proportion and has fell into legend yet once fixed with the improved gasket this sorted the problem and the engine is extremly reliable and later cars would prove this but far too late to save its reputation, as for constanly breaking down the AA might disagree and found Rover cars to fair well in reliability, well above Renault, Alfa Romeo and even Ford in many cases, simply ask an AA patrol man what car breakdowns he attened most 10 years ago and it won't be a Rover car (anecdotal evidence) so i would disagree and as for part exchange have you ever got a great part exchange deal if you trade in for another car Makers vehicle? (but re-sale on second models was not great but would it be if all you were told is how bad these cars are?)

MG-R went bust because nobody bought their not very well made dated cars, at the time of it's collapse it's newest model the 'City Rover' was a re-badged Tata Indicar made in India which MG-R paid £3K for, shipped over here and tried to sell for £6.5K....... lots of British jobs involved there then

MGR went bankrupt because of a simple lack of investment, they were left to compete on their own against car companies surported by govenment money, Renault has a 15% govenment share in them, Renault in turn has a 43.4% controlling interest in the Japanesse car maker Nissan, Peugeot/Citroen has a 14% govenment interest in it as well as the same from Dongfeng, a state-controlled Chinese car company, these are just a few instances of state help MG-Rover had nothing to rival this, as for their cars being badly made the Rover 75 was praised for its build quality and was in an updated form and was only 6 years old the MK2 Ford Mondeo ran for 7 years before a new model was introduced.

As for the 25/45 even face lifted they were dated and were in need of new replacement models but the company went under before any new car could be produced, sales were poor but due to the lack of investment how could they be anything else and the better products sold off.

The re-badging of the Tata Indica was an horrendous move by MGR the car isn't as bad as you may think but was well over priced but although it might not have created that many jobs via production (although some cars were asembled at Longbridge) it helped saved existing ones and once bought to the country both revenue and profit stayed here in the UK and was not re-sent abroad.

Rover was stripped of its last flagship brand when British Aerospace sold the group to BMW in 1994 then BMW split it again in 2000 as Ford aquired Land Rover and as a point of interest Tata aquired Jaguar Cars from The Ford Motor Company (that they had owed since 1990) and in the same year, BMW did well and walked away with the new Mini all companies have done pretty good out of the deal.

I have no doubt Clarkson did massive damage to the Rover Group, his dislike for the old British Leyland group is well known and his hatered of unions is apparent and do i believe his opions on cars were not unbiased in the slightest....NO! of course they are. MGR was given a bad name and never allowed to move it i have bought British Leyland/Austin Rover/MG-Rover cars since i could drive, both myself and my late father bought outright brand new MG Rover cars just 2 weeks before the company went under one is still in the family and in 10 years has had just a new battery and a side light bulb the car is excellent and is not garage parked, would i buy another one today without a doubt.

I can honestly say if i can buy a British product of the same quality as a foreign one i will always buy British, and hand on my heart believe in British jobs, Clarkson has no feeling for the working man or woman his comments prove this over and over again and yes the British unions were often laws to themselves but without them how can the worker take on the management?, we have the accepted policy of zero hour working contracts, the erosion of workers rights, the devaluing of the British worker via the import of outside foreign labour that under cuts rates that the unions have fought hard and long for, this is Jermery Clarkson and what he stands for simply it doesn't affect him, of course all those 30,000 jobs lost without a doubt are not all down to him but he had an hand in it.

I wonder how many of those drivers would be so eager to complain about their cars so-called reliability if it ment them losing their own job? Knocking Britan is okay and by many an in thing to do, i wouldn't buy a British car, i wouldn't buy a British (insert name) and the list goes on but when your firm is closed and production moved abroad because the management say its's down to costs (but they think the workers overseas are better and cheaper) would you still feel the same?

Did Clarkson or the Top Gear team ever mention how Mercedes-Benz R-class vehicles suffer severe electrical faults, how Citroen, Mini and Renault are the cars most likely to fail an MOT test or that BMW's M5 engine can't wait to go into self destruct...er no but these same buyers were so ready to attack MG-Rover

Could you realy have seen the only mass British Car producer not been saved if it was a European Concern? would Italy have said "Arriveserci" to Fiat?, Would Germany have given Volkswagen an Auf Wiedersehen or France to Peugeot a harty Avoir? No but £850 billion of taxpayers money was found to bail out bail out banks (source The Indpendent on line) and another £30 billion in the Iraq and Afganistan (source The Independent on line) yet MG Rover was allowed to go under taking thousands of jobs with it cosing the taxpayer millions in unemployment benefit, makes you think!

Russ

I don't agree either, I'd never have made that connection  to the Falklands conflict.  Clarkson just wasn't enough of a left wing luvvie for the BBC so he had to go.

Maybe he should have told a few porkies with it being british  :rofl:  One thing with him he was honest IMO in his reviews, brutally honest at times but that is what you have to be when doing a review, not dress it up to please the PC brigade.  If something is terrible then he, or anyone else for that matter wouldn't be doing their job if they said otherwise.

Firstly thank you for your reply and secondly please excuse the incorrect qoute style i have used but i must clarify some points you have i believe incorrectly mentioned in you post.

The head gasket fault on the Rover "K" series engine is well known and if only MGR had spent just as little as an extra £1.40 on a better head gasket and use of proper head dowels this fault could have rendered almost obsolete but they didn't and now this fault has been blown up vastly out of proportion and has fell into legend yet once fixed with the improved gasket this sorted the problem and the engine is extremly reliable and later cars would prove this but far too late to save its reputation, as for constanly breaking down the AA might disagree and found Rover cars to fair well in reliability, well above Renault, Alfa Romeo and even Ford in many cases, simply ask an AA patrol man what car breakdowns he attened most 10 years ago and it won't be a Rover car (anecdotal evidence) so i would disagree and as for part exchange have you ever got a great part exchange deal if you trade in for another car Makers vehicle? (but re-sale on second models was not great but would it be if all you were told is how bad these cars are?)

MG-R went bust because nobody bought their not very well made dated cars, at the time of it's collapse it's newest model the 'City Rover' was a re-badged Tata Indicar made in India which MG-R paid £3K for, shipped over here and tried to sell for £6.5K....... lots of British jobs involved there then

MGR went bankrupt because of a simple lack of investment, they were left to compete on their own against car companies surported by govenment money, Renault has a 15% govenment share in them, Renault in turn has a 43.4% controlling interest in the Japanesse car maker Nissan, Peugeot/Citroen has a 14% govenment interest in it as well as the same from Dongfeng, a state-controlled Chinese car company, these are just a few instances of state help MG-Rover had nothing to rival this, as for their cars being badly made the Rover 75 was praised for its build quality and was in an updated form and was only 6 years old the MK2 Ford Mondeo ran for 7 years before a new model was introduced.

As for the 25/45 even face lifted they were dated and were in need of new replacement models but the company went under before any new car could be produced, sales were poor but due to the lack of investment how could they be anything else and the better products sold off.

The re-badging of the Tata Indica was an horrendous move by MGR the car isn't as bad as you may think but was well over priced but although it might not have created that many jobs via production (although some cars were asembled at Longbridge) it helped saved existing ones and once bought to the country both revenue and profit stayed here in the UK and was not re-sent abroad.

Rover was stripped of its last flagship brand when British Aerospace sold the group to BMW in 1994 then BMW split it again in 2000 as Ford aquired Land Rover and as a point of interest Tata aquired Jaguar Cars from The Ford Motor Company (that they had owed since 1990) and in the same year, BMW did well and walked away with the new Mini all companies have done pretty good out of the deal.

I have no doubt Clarkson did massive damage to the Rover Group, his dislike for the old British Leyland group is well known and his hatered of unions is apparent and do i believe his opions on cars were not unbiased in the slightest....NO! of course they are. MGR was given a bad name and never allowed to move it i have bought British Leyland/Austin Rover/MG-Rover cars since i could drive, both myself and my late father bought outright brand new MG Rover cars just 2 weeks before the company went under one is still in the family and in 10 years has had just a new battery and a side light bulb the car is excellent and is not garage parked, would i buy another one today without a doubt.

I can honestly say if i can buy a British product of the same quality as a foreign one i will always buy British, and hand on my heart believe in British jobs, Clarkson has no feeling for the working man or woman his comments prove this over and over again and yes the British unions were often laws to themselves but without them how can the worker take on the management?, we have the accepted policy of zero hour working contracts, the erosion of workers rights, the devaluing of the British worker via the import of outside foreign labour that under cuts rates that the unions have fought hard and long for, this is Jermery Clarkson and what he stands for simply it doesn't affect him, of course all those 30,000 jobs lost without a doubt are not all down to him but he had an hand in it.

I wonder how many of those drivers would be so eager to complain about their cars so-called reliability if it ment them losing their own job? Knocking Britan is okay and by many an in thing to do, i wouldn't buy a British car, i wouldn't buy a British (insert name) and the list goes on but when your firm is closed and production moved abroad because the management say its's down to costs (but they think the workers overseas are better and cheaper) would you still feel the same?

Did Clarkson or the Top Gear team ever mention how Mercedes-Benz R-class vehicles suffer severe electrical faults, how Citroen, Mini and Renault are the cars most likely to fail an MOT test or that BMW's M5 engine can't wait to go into self destruct...er no but these same buyers were so ready to attack MG-Rover

Could you realy have seen the only mass British Car producer not been saved if it was a European Concern? would Italy have said "Arriveserci" to Fiat?, Would Germany have given Volkswagen an Auf Wiedersehen or France to Peugeot a harty Avoir? No but £850 billion of taxpayers money was found to bail out bail out banks (source The Indpendent on line) and another £30 billion in the Iraq and Afganistan (source The Independent on line) yet MG Rover was allowed to go under taking thousands of jobs with it cosing the taxpayer millions in unemployment benefit, makes you think!

Russ

Just a question, but the thread is about Quinvy's apology because when he made his first supportive post for Clarkson, he didn't realise that there was violence involved, hence the sorry. It now seems to have moved on to 'he told it like it is', 'He wasn't left wing enough', 'he caused/didn't cause MG rover to collapse'. The apology seems to be getting lost in the rush to praise/damn him for a whole host of different reasons to the assault. Just looks to me that a new topic on the other points raised, might allow this one to remain on track. Quinvy, thoughts?

Wh is the point in another topic Win?  It is hurting nothing here and it is all in one olace rather than two or three topics?  At end of the day it is all about Clarkson.

It was just a question to Quinvy Chalks, just to see how he felt about the change in direction of the thread  :thumbsup:

Firstly thank you for your reply

I haven't quoted all your reply Russ as TBH after reading the first few paragraphs I gave up as it read exactly the same as the MG-R.org forum 10 years ago, ie that it was ALL Clarksons fault the company went bust, and if he hadn't made a few jokes about Brummies at Longbridge the company would now be the worlds biggest and best car maker.

I hope you have some consolation now your Scapegoats been sacked. :wink:

Too be honest i find the use of just my opening introduction slightly offensive but that aside i stated that Jeremy Clarkson played a hand in the downfall or MG-Rover and i did not blame him entiely for the companys demise but to the use of the phrase "scapegoat" in reference is out of keeping i never once said that.

And as you said "and if he hadn't made few jokes about Brummies at Longbridge the company would now be the worlds biggest and best car maker" i think those "Brummies at Longbridge" who lost their jobs and after a 7 year court battle recieved a redundancy pay out of £3 might think quite differently.

Russ

i think those "Brummies at Longbridge" who lost their jobs and after a 7 year court battle recieved a redundancy pay out of £3 might think quite differently.

Russ

Really?...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4505899.stm

The reason they didn't receive more was down to the total mismanagement by the 'Gang of Four', not because of a few of Clarksons jokes!.

But hey!, you have your scapegoat and you're gonna' use it!.

Edited by Zed1

Russ

I wouldn't buy anything British just for the sake of it and maybe keeping someone in a job, I and I imagine anyone else want quality and if a company can't supply that then they don't deserve to be in business, that is a fact, sad but a fact.  It isn't Clarkson's or Top Gear's fault they went bust.  The four that owned it who were siphoning off money are mostly to blame.  It isn't Clarkson's fault that for the lack of investment (the company were years behind its competitors and I doubt an extra £1.50 would have saved them.  Top Gear did their job in critiscing a poor product and yes I've heard them criticise Mercs, BMW, Japanese models, probably most makes including super cars.  

It is sad that any company closes, I've been there but to blame a TV show is a bit far fetched even though it would have an influence on sales but, like I said, you can't expect a proper critique telling a few fibs just because it is a British product.  The written media were probably just as harsh about the quality of the cars.

Our labour laws don't help, it is all too easy to lay workers off with just the basic redundancy which is more than £3.  France make it practically impossible for the likes of Renault to lay workers off regardless of trading conditions, that is why the French closed their factories here and not in France.

I can think of a lot worse to say about some British companies and what should be done with some of the workers having been subjected to their bone idle ways over the years.

Edited by chalky

Firstly can we establish the fact that i DO NOT! blame Jeremy Clarkson or Top Gear for the single handed demise of the MG-Rover group.

Secondly the use of the word scapegoat by Zed1 which seem to be a indentured feature in these posts and how i use him as such?

Chalky i agree that i would buy anything just becase it's British i said,

"I can honestly say if i can buy a British product of the same quality as a foreign one i will always buy British"

And yes the £1.50 is the cost for an up-rated head gasket wouldn't have saved the company but the reputation of the "K" series engine would have been better, but in essence i agree with many of your points yet how can any company compete against state funded and subsidised industry or indeed countries that inflict severe import restictions on foreign products, free markets are not always that free.

As for the £3 redundancy statement (sourcehttp://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/may/02/rover-workers-redundancy-compensation-pay)  this should have read "£3 redunduncy compensation" but i failed to read my entry correctly before posting and counter posts were made in the mean time and therefore i missed the chance to amend it, i appologise for this error, but even the stated £5000 was an insult for workers that had been there all working life.   

The MG-Rover Car Group was allowed to go under, it would be still here today if it was the MGR Bank.

Russ

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts