Steve Foran

Pay Pal Warning Scam

Just nearly got caught out by a scam email. Purported to be from Pay Pal. Basically it said my last transaction had been rejected due to credit card details being wrong. This had some truth as my old one expired in Feb. So followed the link and completed my info but thankfully Kaspersky Anti Virus sent a RED warning preventing the update saying that Phishing Software was being used.

The email was from Libby Barr Customer Services BE CAREFUL.

I get at least two or three a day on my business email. Banks, paypal, HMRC. Latest one was supposedly from DVLC saying I had paid too much road tax and I was due a refund.

They are a bloody pain.

I get at least two or three a day on my business email. Banks, paypal, HMRC. Latest one was supposedly from DVLC saying I had paid too much road tax and I was due a refund.

They are a bloody pain.

it's now Dvsa Phil. I had a scam email on my supposedly secure work address asking me to fill a firm in for a tax refund. Googled the email address . It was from Serbia. Edited by KevH

Just had a scam paypal email. restricted access and to follow the link or account will be suspended in 24 hours.

I get one from Paypal (supposedly) on average about once a month..............the only giveaway being, they don't use my name.........usually Dear Customer.   :glare:

They are a bloody pain.

I'm getting about 2 - 3 per week they always get sent to : spoof@paypal.com they always reply with a thanks and a "yes a phishing attempt" - NEVER EVER answer a Paypal e-mail, a ALWAYS go to the Paypal website and log-in, you can ask questions via e-mail, telephone or chat. Paypal NEVER asks you to confirm your password.

They are a bloody pain.

Yet another?

DON'T CLICK ON THE WORD DOCUMENT ATTACHED!!!!!!!    Reply etc.

Please see attached statement.

Please be advised that our company is now incorporated andtrades as Bunzl. Ourbank is still Ulster Bank, 14 High Street, Omagh, Co. Tyrone, BT78 1BJ with newaccount details as follows:

Sort Code: 98-12-30

Account Number: 10991670

Ulster Bank has switched over our direct debits etc. for usso please take this letter as notification of same.

Our company number isNI624042.

Bunzl VAT registration number: GB184578365.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continuedsupport. If you should need any further information then please do not hesitateto contact us.

Regards,

Jeanine Castaneda

Accounts Dept.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.