Jumpin Joan & Terry Jones At Bumpin & Stompin

Guest Jolly

Saturday 30th september

Edinburgh corn exchange

8.30 till 2

tickets £9

BUMPIN&STOMPIN

Scotlands biggest soul night is back with the best in all kinds of soulful music.

BUMPIN ROOM DJs (modern and uptempo stuff)

Barry Sharp If you like your music uptempo and mixed well, the young apprentice just has to be heard.

James Devlin Soulful 70s to uptempo bumpy stuff,

Jim Heb An old northern soulie from Dundee with a great ear for a modern tune.

STOMPIN ROOM DJs ( northern soul)

Alan Mckenzie Our regular northern dj.never fails to fill the floor.

Lenny Harkins One of the west coasts finest

Jumpin joan Livesey Her one for one spot with mr harkins the last time she was up, had the room going crackers, so we got them back again.

Div Miller First time behind the decks for div or the hoopster as he is known on here . We wait with baited breath div.

BARON SUITE (anything goes, from oldies to newies it all gets played)

Terry Jones Can play what he wants, were just glad he is coming up to dj for us.

John Hislop philly,tamla,disco,70s if johns got it ,he will play it.

George Wallace Always does a great job filling the dance floor in this big room.

Sorry folks Div Miller can,t make the night, We hope to get him back in next year.

If you like your Northern with a touch of R&B, Roddy Brass is the man playing it on the night.

For more info go to www,soulboyspromo.com

Edited by Jolly
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

One of the best nights in Scotland, so if you have never been there before now is your chance.........so get in touch with the Promoters and book your ticket......3 rooms of Quality Music

see you there Donna

Always a packed out event---brilliant.Shame we,ve got to miss this one again Jolly one of the best nights imo in the U.K. callender---Lianas on at Stoke same night.

Caz n Daz are enough to put up with tho .

Hope its every bit as good as usual

Steve

Thanks for the kind words folks, Glad you like B&S. The tickets seem to be going well, we have got them coming from London ,Newcastle, Aberdeen and Glasgow so far, looking like its going to be a good one. :thumbsup:

Joan, ive got the camera ready, hope Tony has his dancing shoes on!!!!

Sorry you and liana cant make it steve, Think Caz &Daz and some friends are coming up early. Its looking like the partys starting and finishing at my place.Thank goodness the old dragon that lives next door is as deaf as a post. :ohmy:

see you all on the 30th

Jolly

Me & the other half decided last night to come to this, when somebody recommended it.

We've booked the hotel, train & babysitter. Do we need to get tickets in advance or is on the door ok?

Kirstyx

Me & the other half decided last night to come to this, when somebody recommended it.

We've booked the hotel, train & babysitter. Do we need to get tickets in advance or is on the door ok?

Kirstyx

Hi Kirsty

We can send tickets down to you, or you can pay by Paypal.But if you want to collect them on the door that can be arranged.

If you need any directions on how to get to the Corn exchange, get back in touch.

"I,ll see you when you get there"

jolly :lol:

Hi Kirsty

We can send tickets down to you, or you can pay by Paypal.But if you want to collect them on the door that can be arranged.

If you need any directions on how to get to the Corn exchange, get back in touch.

"I,ll see you when you get there"

jolly :lol:

Thanks for that Jolly. If you can put 2 on the door for us that would be good. It will just give my hubby chance to get over the shock of how much the hotel was, that I forced him to book :lol: . We've looked on the map & we are about a mile away from the corn exchange, so we should be ok.

See you then.

Kirstyx

Great kirsty.

You should be able to get in at eight, if you like an early start.And there is a good pub that is part of Corn exchange if you want a really early start. :lol: .

Remember if you need to get in touch about anything feel free to give us a call.

my number is on the soulboyspromo web site

See you and you other half on the 30th, first drink is on me :lol:

www.soulboyspromo.com

Jolly

Great kirsty.

You should be able to get in at eight, if you like an early start.And there is a good pub that is part of Corn exchange if you want a really early start. :lol: .

Remember if you need to get in touch about anything feel free to give us a call.

my number is on the soulboyspromo web site

See you and you other half on the 30th, first drink is on me :P

www.soulboyspromo.com

Jolly

Oh, I'll have a pint of vodka then :P:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Only 6 more sleeps until this & I'm really looking forward to my first visit, I've heard good things about the place.

Anyone else on here going?

Kx

Hi Kirsty

THINK THERE IS ONE OR TWO FROM THE FORUM PAYING US A VISIT ON SATURDAY.

Remember the first drink is on me :ohmy: And people say us scots are tight.

Hi Kirsty

THINK THERE IS ONE OR TWO FROM THE FORUM PAYING US A VISIT ON SATURDAY.

Remember the first drink is on me :ohmy: And people say us scots are tight.

They arent as tight as people from Yorkshire, I'm only having one drink all night :ohmy::ohmy:

Oh yes,im coming along,just booked my seat on the helicopter,really looking forward to this.See ya there.And Jolly mines a pint and our lass like gin & tonics :ohmy::P

So thatsa pint of lager,gin & tonic and a pint of vodka for Kirsty. :D No problen.

See you all on saturday.

Just a quick mention about a couple of spots. If you like your Northern with a touch of quality R&B get into the Stompin room at 8 30.

Roddy brass will be playing some great tunes

in there.

If 70ts soul floats you boat James Devlin will be playing the likes of .

Will Collins,Clara Hardy,Housten Outlaws the Charisma band, Bobby Reed, J,Jocko, Na Allen, Towanda and the total destruction. In the Bumpin room From 9 40 till about 10 30

And in the Baron Suite stuff like, Kirk Franklin/ Fir Ya/drizabone/LindaCliford/Greg Perry/ David Ruffin/Joe Anderson to 60ts Motown will be getting thrown at ya

Edited by Jolly

Oh yes,im coming along,just booked my seat on the helicopter,really looking forward to this.See ya there.And Jolly mines a pint and our lass like gin & tonics :P:D

Any room in the helicopter for 3 of us?. We're driving & I'm sure there will be a row about who's driving back :ohmy:

Not quite sure how we are going to decided which room to be in, they all sound good.

Kirsty M.---In answer to your question --the2 Yorky,s exiled in East Fife will be there.I don,t know if your,e aware but Rani is working back in Bradford ,but gets about 6 days off together ---and she is up today(Monday) for 7 Days.Iwas looking forward to it ,as i haven,t heard T.J. since Catterick Bridge-----but it will be ace to see you and Bri also

N.B.

A bottle of Magners and a Vodka(dble. and Diet Coke)

See you

Tony.C.and Rani.

N.N.B.--- Have more news on W---BY for you!!!!

Kirsty M.---In answer to your question --the2 Yorky,s exiled in East Fife will be there.I don,t know if your,e aware but Rani is working back in Bradford ,but gets about 6 days off together ---and she is up today(Monday) for 7 Days.Iwas looking forward to it ,as i haven,t heard T.J. since Catterick Bridge-----but it will be ace to see you and Bri also

N.B.

A bottle of Magners and a Vodka(dble. and Diet Coke)

See you

Tony.C.and Rani.

N.N.B.--- Have more news on W---BY for you!!!!

Excellent news, cant wait to see you both. I love TJ too, he keeps me in shampoo, lovely man. I had heard Rani had moved back, I thought maybe it was your aftershave :thumbsup::D

Bri will be delighted you are both going, he know's you will both keep me right :thumbsup::D

Cant wait to hear your news, in fact I want to know it now!!!

See you both Saturday

xx

That's the helicopter of the oil rig kirsty,not to go to Edinburgh,Im using the Lear jet for that :thumbsup: .See ya there

That's a shame, I thought for a minute I was travelling in style.

See you at the bar, Jolly's buying, I think he's got everyones orders :thumbsup:

That's the helicopter of the oil rig kirsty,not to go to Edinburgh,Im using the Lear jet for that :( .See ya there

:( Kirsty, Wally

T J doesn't come on the site but I've mailed him to tell him your going up ... He says he's got some nice stuff just for you.

Kirsty we had a night of carnage with Ewan, Debs, Massey and Janine at On Hubert Street in Warrington on Saturday night .... I couldn't work out why the Bongos were chained up !!!!!!!! Then Ewan explained they expected Brian was coming back :lol::yes:

Might see you all at village Soul in Sunderland on October 14th for a year of Terry Jones playing in Sunderland it's been a wonderful journey

Peace

Peter

:D Kirsty, Wally

T J doesn't come on the site but I've mailed him to tell him your going up ... He says he's got some nice stuff just for you.

Kirsty we had a night of carnage with Ewan, Debs, Massey and Janine at On Hubert Street in Warrington on Saturday night .... I couldn't work out why the Bongos were chained up !!!!!!!! Then Ewan explained they expected Brian was coming back :(:yes:

Might see you all at village Soul in Sunderland on October 14th for a year of Terry Jones playing in Sunderland it's been a wonderful journey

Peace

Peter

:D:D It was rather a mad night when we went to Hubert Street, Bri had blisters on his hands for weeks. He was even playing them when the music had stopped, then Debs knocked them over (she wasnt drunk though :lol: ).

Everytime we are out with the Darlo lot there is carnage :(

We've not got anything on the 14th October & Bri's at the football the next day, so we might see if the inlaws will have the bairn & get to Village Soul.

If not see you at Piercebridge :(

Kirstyx

Edited by KirstyM

Right... we've got a fantastic cottage booked... in the middle of nowhere... just in case the North East monsters fancy stopping in for tea on their way home :yes:

We would've had a housefull of Tonys relatives this weekend if it hadn't have been for this.

As it is ... our house will still be full of outlaws... only we will have fcuked off to Scotland leaving them to it.... Result or what :lol:

Don't ask me why... but i've got a feeling this is going to be a real mad one....

PS: Jolly.... you can relax mate... Dunnie's got himself a job... so won't be joining us this time :(

Right... we've got a fantastic cottage booked... in the middle of nowhere... just in case the North East monsters fancy stopping in for tea on their way home :(

We would've had a housefull of Tonys relatives this weekend if it hadn't have been for this.

As it is ... our house will still be full of outlaws... only we will have fcuked off to Scotland leaving them to it.... Result or what :yes:

Don't ask me why... but i've got a feeling this is going to be a real mad one....

PS: Jolly.... you can relax mate... Dunnie's got himself a job... so won't be joining us this time :(

What time you on Joan?

We'll have to see if we can both stay on our feet this time :lol::(

Kx

What time you on Joan?

We'll have to see if we can both stay on our feet this time :lol::yes:

Kx

... might be an idea hey gal!! :(

Not sure what time i'm on yet... Mr.Jolly might post times up later...

You could probably increase the chances of him doing so if you were to promise to have singles and not doubles when it's his trip to the bar :(

Really looking forward to it... always a top night :(

Right... we've got a fantastic cottage booked... in the middle of nowhere... just in case the North East monsters fancy stopping in for tea on their way home :yes:

As it is ... our house will still be full of outlaws... only we will have fcuked off to Scotland leaving them to it.... Result or what :lol:

Oh Joan, Geography was never a strong point of mine, at school. But im sure the North East of Edinburgh is at the opposite side from the Corn exchange. Hope Tonys sat nav is working. Contact us about where your staying.

Im sure that Darlington and Dundee lot are comming up to us early :( So the door is open ,If you want to come along.

Joan you and Mr H, will be playing from 10.00 till 12.40 you and Lenny can do what you wish.

Hope to get Terry Jones to play in two rooms, Baron Suite 10.30 till 12.00 ish

and in the Bumpin room 1.00 till 2.00

Waiting to see if he can play the two rooms.

See you all on Saturday !!! early i hope.

jolly

Edited by Jolly

Oh Joan, Geography was never a strong point of mine, at school. But im sure the North East of Edinburgh is at the opposite side from the Corn exchange. Hope Tonys sat nav is working.

Joan you and Mr H, will be playing from 10.00 till 12.40 you and Lenny can do what you wish.

Hey fella... was talking about the North East of England monsters.... not the North East of Scotland monsters.... although all monsters are very welcome :thumbsup:

Had to send the Sat Nav back i'm afraid... had a worse sense of direction than Tony wicked.gif

Will ring you once we've arrived at our des res.... really can't wait... gonna be brill!

Tickets are all out !! just got the sound check tomorrow.and a Bumpin & Stompin we will go.

Good news from Terry , He is going to play in the Baron Suite and finish off in the Bumpin Room. :D

To all those traveling over the border :lol: thanks for the effort. :rolleyes: And remember and bring your passports :lol: See you all tomorrow

jolly

Tickets are all out !! just got the sound check tomorrow.and a Bumpin & Stompin we will go.

Good news from Terry , He is going to play in the Baron Suite and finish off in the Bumpin Room. :D

To all those traveling over the border :lol: thanks for the effort. :rolleyes: And remember and bring your passports :lol: See you all tomorrow

jolly

Good news on the ticket front, good job I reserved mine.

Really pleased that Terry is doing both rooms, that means I can listen to him & Joan.

My hubby loves him so much that he has gone to see him tonight at The Orwell. Leaving me at home, telling the 5 year year old how excited I am about tomorrow. She cant see what all the fuss is about. So I've had my hair cut, bought a new outfit, been on the sunbed & done my nails, now all I've got to do is find where I put my passport. Do I need a thermal vest too? :D

Hopefully setting off nice & early tomorrow so that I can hit the shops of Edinburgh & make a weekend of it.

Kirstyx

Thanks to everybody that came up, Hope you all had a good time, Kirsty M Sorry i never got back to you with that drink i promised you, I couldn,t get near the bar :thumbsup:

Well thats my excuse. Jumpin Joan was class!! but jumpin and lenny are a double act to die for,

Terry Jones gave a master class in djing, We were like puppets on his string.

Kev 25 years on. who would have thought .

Paul Clark That hand waving story was a classic :D

Boy was it ever!!

& it's official... Lenny Harkins is mental :D

Will do a review and playlist tomorrow.. or maybe not tomorrow.. but i will do one :thumbsup:

brilliant night joan, woke up had all my own records......sorry about the gas problem :D , better a empty hoose than a bad tennant.....that shirley wotsname thing was brilliant

Thanks to everybody that came up, Hope you all had a good time, Kirsty M Sorry i never got back to you with that drink i promised you, I couldn,t get near the bar :thumbsup:

Well thats my excuse. Jumpin Joan was class!! but jumpin and lenny are a double act to die for,

Terry Jones gave a master class in djing, We were like puppets on his string.

Kev 25 years on. who would have thought .

Paul Clark That hand waving story was a classic :D

Dont worry I'll get one off you next time. I'll not forget, I'm from Yorkshire :D

Kx

Source Advert