Dodgy Diction

• Replies 5
  • Views 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is there such a thing as bad pronunciation? Who am I to tell somebody from Clarkesdale Mississippi that his/her English leaves a lot to be desired? Closer to home, there's the regional variations of the West Midlands, North Norfolk, Tyneside, the West Country & my own Fens, not to mention Ireland, Scotland & Wales. I would suggest that nothing is bad, just different. And onto the thread in question. What about Little Richard's 'speech' at the beginning of 'Get Down With It'? Would have been incomprehensible to my Bolton born grandfather's ears, if he'd heard it.

Social source share

Is there such a thing as bad pronunciation? Who am I to tell somebody from Clarkesdale Mississippi that his/her English leaves a lot to be desired? Closer to home, there's the regional variations of the West Midlands, North Norfolk, Tyneside, the West Country & my own Fens, not to mention Ireland, Scotland & Wales. I would suggest that nothing is bad, just different. And onto the thread in question. What about Little Richard's 'speech' at the beginning of 'Get Down With It'? Would have been incomprehensible to my Bolton born grandfather's ears, if he'd heard it.

Just thought it would be a bit of fun.

And yes, Septics do pronounce every thing wrong, otherwise we'd be playing sosher and going to Lycester All naaders. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just thought it would be a bit of fun.

And yes, Septics do pronounce every thing wrong, otherwise we'd be playing sosher and going to Lycester All naaders. :thumbsup:

I agree with you that it's fun. I wasn't taking a pot shot. but we don't have to go as far as sepolandia, do we? mr.donnelly's neighbours have boogle lessons on toosdy noits & then go for a foo points at the noo comoonity centre. what the f*** is that? :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!