Ns: Living For The Weekend Bbc 4 9Pm 27/3/2015

I'll have to catch up on those another day :thumbsup:

I need to be in bed by 10pm these days on account of too much "living for the weekend" in the 70's :D (when I used to start to get ready to go out an 10pm)

And it's followed by people doing covers of Motown tracks at 10pm and Queens of Soul at 11, which looks like it will be the female partner to last week's Kings of Soul.

Social source share

Linda Jones is the queen of soul, to me anyway. Gladys and Aretha close behind

as with a large proportion of soul lovers in the u.k.    LINDA JONES, blessed with the greatest voice...EVER!

TOBI LARK possessed an amazing range as well..TY KARIM'S voice was also unique..then there's BRENDA HOLLOWAY, TAMI TERRELL & KIM WESTON.....GLADYS KNIGHT  as well.....i can't relate to ARETHA....i honestly and genuinely believe the understanding, people have for her music.she just dosn't do it for me sadly,...maybe it's just her music, not the persona..or is it that she isn't immediately associated with the northern soul scene, whereas the others mentioned have been duly recognized ( without their actual awareness at the time ) for creating some stunning records that have fitted our purpose.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!