Steve Lane

Anyone Got An Internet Tv Set Top Box?

Hi m8 ive had a xmbc android tv box for a couple of years cost me £40 watch all the latest films tv series sport etc etc FREE great bit of kit

Hi m8 ive had a xmbc android tv box for a couple of years cost me £40 watch all the latest films tv series sport etc etc FREE great bit of kit

All I needed to know!..................cheers :thumbsup:

Just one thing that stops me getting rid of Sky and getting one of these; the ability to record programs and watch them later.  Is there a solution to this?

Minix X8 is good android box & well suported with updates, XBMC/Kodi has PVR options & addons to record live tv

Ian 

We have just moved into a rented flat in Wales whilst Jess has her bedroom re plastered.

There is no phone line or internet connection here, and as we are only going to be here for two months maximum, I don't want to get involved in setting up 12 month contracts etc.

So, I know nothing about these boxes, so could someone explain in plain English what they do, and how they work.

Do I need a phone line ? Can they provide wifi ?

Any advice greatly appreciated because at the moment I'm using my phone to access SS, and as the wonders of 3G, never mind 4G signal haven't reached this part of Wales yet, it's driving me crazy.

Hi Dave they need an Internet connection as they stream all their content. You can download films or Seles onto a memory stick then watch them later. The only problem I have with mine is trying to find a movie of good quality video not filmed on a camera there are some really good ones out there saw one where the tv interface was just as good as sky's

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.