FickleFingers

Flat Head Condition In Babies - Awareness

My handsome 14 week old little Grandson, Reggie, suffers from a flat head condition - known as Brachycephaly

The condition, although not new, is more likely to occur these days due partly to the fact that the medical profession now insist newborn babies sleep on their back - a measure directly linked to, and in effort to assist with, the avoidance of cot death.

Dependant upon the severity of the flat area (to the back of the head) - and despite the NHS insisting (in our experience at least, at our local GP's surgery) that the condition naturally rectifies itself as the baby grows, if left untreated it could lead to problems for the child concerned in later life... Simple things maybe, such as a service issued hat from public, private, and commercial forces (armed, police, security, etc) not fitting correctly as they are all of a standard design, to the more worrying - but inevitable, constant threats of bullying, teasing, mickey-taking, and name calling,throughout their impressionable but oh so important school years! 

It took my daughters own efforts and research to find out more about this condition as it isn't something widely - or even commonly known, and the NHS would seemingly rather throw money at nose & boob jobs, for example, as the lack of available information from them lends testimony to.

Reggie's mother - my daughter, Charlie, has started a Facebook page in efforts to both aid parents whose child suffers the same condition and to try to raise more general awareness by, hopefully, projecting it into the public domain - where she will be sharing little Reggie's experiences as he undergoes a 6-8 month treatment to try and improve the shape of his head through the wearing of a bespoke 'cap' (helmet), and for which he was scanned and measured on Wednesday.

If you have a family member or know of someone else's child/grandchild that suffers from this condition - or even if you just would like to know more about it yourself, the link to my daughter's page is below.

Your interest and support is greatly appreciated.. please feel free to 'like' and 'share' the page below - and assist in trying to 'get it out there' and into the public domain.  :yes:  :thumbsup: 

https://m.facebook.com/ReggiesLOCband?ref=m_notif&notif_t=page_new_likes&actorid=100003932239864

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.