Zed1

Sterling - £100K A Week Not Enough

Short lived career or not, no one needs to earn that amount of money, football used to be the every day man in the streets game, now it is a business for a select few to take money from an ordinary working bloke

It's a joke I worked my f..kin heart out down the pit from leaving school loved every day and earnt good money but what they earn is immoral go on now shoot me down ?

Edited by jazz

Wages for the top footballers are obviously grotesque and out of proportion, but if his or another club are willing to give him it, why not press for more? I wouldn't blame the player. He's just trying to get as much out of the mad system that has far to much money swishing around in it.

It's a joke I worked my f..kin heart out down the pit from leaving school loved every day and earnt good money but what they earn is immoral go on now shoot me down

all depends which way you come at this from. 

i reckon some of these kids would be working in macdonalds all their lives were it not for football and being as they didnt make the system they are part of i say take what you can get.

assuming you are not stupid and most kids in football have decent advisers these days, none of your kids or grandkids should ever have to work a shi!!y job  ever. 

its all too easy to the blame the kid in this kind of situation. they didnt make capitalism.

Edited by JNixon

Guest gfarrington

exactly , its the systems fault , what about the solicitors charging £200 p/h , then claiming benefits , by paying themselves the minimum wage , the rest going into their 'other' account , funding their lavish lifestyle 

He's a free agent, he should charge whatever he can get  / make. Mopst of the complainers forget Footbore is a global game now, if the clubs here don't want to pay what he wants, I am sure Barca, I-M, B-M, or PSG will. 

Saw Sterling being interviewed on the news last night.  Not very convincing when asked if it was all about the money.  As has been said in a previous post, I just think he's stalling in the hope of getting an offer from a big club.

He is clearly not happy with the role he has been playing at Liverpool, a more defensive wing back role and on the bench for big European games.  If I was an attacking player and wanted to play in the big European games I wouldn't sign either if I wasn't getting that chance.  The money is obscene though.

He is clearly not happy with the role he has been playing at Liverpool, a more defensive wing back role and on the bench for big European games.  If I was an attacking player and wanted to play in the big European games I wouldn't sign either if I wasn't getting that chance.  The money is obscene though.

Didn't think that the channel 5 cup on a Thursday counted as big European games Chalky

Steve

Someone said Rooney on 250k a week? Can anyone confirm?

I thought it was £240k on last night's news article.  Add to that all the advertising deals, sponsorships etc.  He needs to make his money now because he's not pundit material, and I can't see him advertising boxer shorts for Armani.

Didn't think that the channel 5 cup on a Thursday counted as big European games Chalky

Steve

They were in the Champions League to begin with weren't they, he was on the bench for the Real Madrid game?  

What were Man U doing then :lol:

I don't think it is about money, he clearly knows he will be paid a fortune either at his current club Liverpool or elsewhere so that side is irrelevant really.  It is probably more to do with winning things and playing where he wants to play.

Edited by chalky

:ohmy: Forget the Armani underwear it would be interesting to see his IR tax return  :P  :D

Just paid my corporation tax this morning (should have paid it yesterday).  Rooney's daily tax bill is more than my annual tax bill.

They were in the Champions League to begin with weren't they, he was on the bench for the Real Madrid game?  

What were Man U doing then :lol:

I don't think it is about money, he clearly knows he will be paid a fortune either at his current club Liverpool or elsewhere so that side is irrelevant really.  It is probably more to do with winning things and playing where he wants to play.

Not sure if they where in the champions league mate. ......

We were just practicing and training plus giving city directions for European games.

Steve

He's a free agent, he should charge whatever he can get  / make. Mopst of the complainers forget Footbore is a global game now, if the clubs here don't want to pay what he wants, I am sure Barca, I-M, B-M, or PSG will. 

He's not good enough for Barca or Bayern IMO

Does anybody buy into the 'it's not about the money, I just want to win trophies' bollox? If that were really the case, why don't they find somebody in their family tree that would allow them to switch to Spanish/German/Argentinian/Brazilian nationality?  :lol:  :lol:

Heard him on the radio talking about how its about winning trophies. He felt like that aged 15 when on the train with his mum and agent. FFS.

Be funny to see and hear the "bindippers" reaction when he goes.

Does anybody buy into the 'it's not about the money, I just want to win trophies' bollox? If that were really the case, why don't they find somebody in their family tree that would allow them to switch to Spanish/German/Argentinian/Brazilian nationality?  :lol:  :lol:

Trophies my arce!.........I bet Steven Gerrard is really cut up about not winning more trophies.

post-7917-0-42721000-1427969854_thumb.jp

He's not good enough for Barca or Bayern IMO

That`s not to say he won`t be some day but at the moment he needs someone to tell him that he`s just good enough to play for Liverpool.

He know he will get the money where ever he plays and of course it comes into the equation but footballers are also doing a job they love and one we would give anything for.  If you are 't happy playing somewhere then you aren't going to sign a new contract with them.  If a team has no chance or looks like they won't win anything then again why sign for them. at the end of the day every footballer wants to be remembered for what they won.

i do agree he isn't good enough for Barca or Bayern, he still has a lot to learn but he also needs to sort out his postion on the filed and establish himself there.  Playing in several for Liverpool won't help his progress.

exactly , its the systems fault , what about the solicitors charging £200 p/h , then claiming benefits , by paying themselves the minimum wage , the rest going into their 'other' account , funding their lavish lifestyle

thats a new one to me, any links to evidence of this practice

all depends which way you come at this from. 

i reckon some of these kids would be working in macdonalds all their lives were it not for football and being as they didnt make the system they are part of i say take what you can get.

assuming you are not stupid and most kids in football have decent advisers these days, none of your kids or grandkids should ever have to work a shi!!y job  ever. 

its all too easy to the blame the kid in this kind of situation. they didnt make capitalism.

compared with some jobs macdonalds is a dream, sports direct zero hours now your talking

Guest gfarrington

thats a new one to me, any links to evidence of this practice

daily mail

Guest gfarrington

Trophies my arce!.........I bet Steven Gerrard is really cut up about not winning more trophies.

attachicon.gifgerrards house.jpg

that looks like his old place , rodgers is in there now, gerrard is renting a place other side of the bypass

.....before I leave again.....£160k is his best offer to date.......not from Liverpool.....I would take a wild guess at.....tbf character...resilience on me head son and all that malarkey...X Yes I was with him and others yesterday but know nowt and ain't said owt of a factual nature....just a wild guess of me own making....X A further opinion based on 'research' is...Rodgers ain't got the camp or respect where needed. Players don't stay around that bo**ox....can't blame them.....irrelevant of money......i'd say!x Buyers market init!!x

@@
~
LUV
ANONYMOUSE

X

raheemsmall_zpsz2kie96p.jpg

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.