If You Djed Once At A Venue

i dj the first hour, quarterly at a local soul nite, probably done 23 out of the 28 nites held but i have never been mentioned on a flyer and don't even get a mention on their website that lists all dj's who have played there. Do i care no.

Social source share

2nd attempt.

"If you dj'd once at a venue should you be included on the list of dj's when the flyers go out"?

Not a very comprehensible question really. When was the "once"? and are the flyers for the one after you dj'd at?

If any dj in the country was asked to guest (assuming you was) then why expect to do so again?... wait to be asked!

Social source share

2nd attempt.

"If you dj'd once at a venue should you be included on the list of dj's when the flyers go out"?

Not a very comprehensible question really. When was the "once"? and are the flyers for the one after you dj'd at?

If any dj in the country was asked to guest (assuming you was) then why expect to do so again?... wait to be asked!

Sorry, I'd had a few beers last night!

The person asking had DJ'd at Stafford ONCE but was wondering if he should be included on future flyers as an 'original' DJ - hope that clarifies the question.

Social source share

The person asking had DJ'd at Stafford ONCE but was wondering if he should be included on future flyers as an 'original' DJ - hope that clarifies the question.

aah,clear as mud Julian. :lol: .If the guy was an original Stafford dj,whoi started up Stafford, then yes.If guested once then not really.Loads have guested once at venues but dont consider themselves part of the furniture.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Yep, I DJed at Blackpool Mecca with Jebby once (when Mr Levine was in the States courtesy of his mum and dad :D ) but never get a mention ( not bothered by the way!). Interestingly though, I was asked to play George Carrow and when I put it on the deck Jebby threw a wobbler - he said ' I play that in my spot not you!!!

Happy days

That happened everywhere back in the day Julian!! Don't Play This !! Don't Play That!! wtf :ohmy:  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yep, I DJed at Blackpool Mecca with Jebby once (when Mr Levine was in the States courtesy of his mum and dad :D ) but never get a mention ( not bothered by the way!). Interestingly though, I was asked to play George Carrow and when I put it on the deck Jebby threw a wobbler - he said ' I play that in my spot not you!!!

Happy days

Maybe if we had a template of all dj's,past and present,each venue could cross off the ones who haven't done a spot. :lol:  

Social source share

Should you be included on the list of DJs when the flyers go out?

After any answers I'll tell you the reason for asking :shhh:

I'm still confused, could you clarify the question again? I interpret it as - Someone has D.Jed at a venue once, then is expecting to be on the flyers for the next one (I don't think you mean that)

Is this what you mean? - Should someone that D.Jed once at a venue be included in a list of Original D.J's?

As you said flyers, I'm presuming another event is to happen, so if they are D.Jing I suppose their name should be on it if all the other D.J's are listed - Why would anyone feel the need to name who's D.Jing, and leave one out?

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Who cares. Nobody reads flyers any more anyway.

JulianB said there's a reason for asking.

You're right about nobody reading flyers anymore - The less info on them the better it seems as far as 'selling' is concerned.

All the best,

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Hi Len

You've got it - he wonders (or maybe thinks) that he should be included in the list of original DJ's :thumbup: 

Right, so he doesn't expect to be automatically D.Jing at a future event because he D.Jed once - He D.Jed at a venue once in it's early stages, so thinks he should be listed as one of the original D.J's.

Well it's a funny question - I think the fact that it is an issue would suggest maybe the said person is focussing on the wrong thing too much. I think most people in the same position wouldn't give it a second thought (He's got his nice personal memory of D.Jing at an historic venue)

Hey ho - I hope there's not too much to this, as in, he's not been 'left out in the cold' on purpose for some sinister reason etc - "D.J's have feelings to" :D 

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Hi Julian. Not a problem, just leave the Shandy alone tonight :rofl:

I used to dj at the school youth club donkeys years ago, could that go on a flier?

Are you allowed to tell us the "persons" name.... we could support him maybe!

A.T.B

Neil

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Julian. Not a problem, just leave the Shandy alone tonight :rofl:

I used to dj at the school youth club donkeys years ago, could that go on a flier?

Are you allowed to tell us the "persons" name.... we could support him maybe!

A.T.B

Neil

I remember you dj'ing at Donkey's.It was kicking Neil.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

If it was SWONS once would qualify him as a stalwart DJ of the venue.

In fact if you filled in when someone when for a leak that was enough to qualify as one.

He could even the venue as is middle name if he wished.

Edited by bri phill
Social source share

To be worthy of a place at any reunion I would think you would have to have made some sort of contribution that can be looked back upon I would have thought.  I wouldn't have thought that possible with one set especially at somewhere like Stafford given the contribution made by a number of DJ's?

Social source share

I only try to read flyers that have records on they intend to play, Not second guess what the names in F****** great letters might play. If the club or venue wants to stand out or be more forward thinking then why on earth do we not see this more often?. This whole thing just gets so egotistical, it's a joke. 

Social source share

I only try to read flyers that have records on they intend to play,

Interesting this. I DJ'd recently and a very well known DJ who was on before me asked what I was going to play, so I mentioned a few.

He played every one of them in his set before me :yes:  I have to say it did make me laugh ( and thought I won't get caught out again :thumbsup: ) Anyway still had a few left in the box to play :thumbup: . All good fun

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!