Confused On Value

good afternoon all,

I have been looking to buy the following record

Connie / Sweet Magic - Servicemen - Chartmaker .

I offered what I thought was a reasonable price but was told that I am miles out. after looking at popsike the prices range from £1008.00 down to £248.00 with the average being around £600.00 

the question is what would you people better qualified to value this price it at based on a M- record?

confused of MK

Social source share

My copy came from Shifty around 8 - 10 years ago as a M- copy and I have a sneaky suspicion that even then it was around the £500 mark that I paid.

If the recent prices that have been paid for top notch, top condition 45s are any barometer, and I was selling my copy (which I'm not) I suspect I'd be asking for around £1,000, maybe more.  I am unsure as to all of the sources of information that Popsike uses, but I anecdotally I have heard of sellers on SS who have recently obtained prices that exceed the maximum recorded values as seen on Popsike.

I don't know if this helps at all...it's just a personal view (though I am reasonably certain that I did pay around £500, though many years ago now).

Chris

• Helpful 2
Social source share

A very hard to find Original....always has been well worth a £1K price tag 

That's the thing Gents,

I offered £1000.00 and was told that I was miles out on it hence my confusion. would gladly pay £1000.00 for a good copy but thought that my estimation was there or there abouts that's why I raised the question.

your assistance and guidance on this is very much appreciated

regards HARRY

• Helpful 1
Social source share

this particular record as constantly risen in value,never dipped,so i would imagine anyway between 1k and 1.5k for an ex copy!

and 2 mega sides,as with all servicemen 45's

also, if sweet magic and connie was 2 seperate singles,they would certainly be fetching 600 quid a piece!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!