Timi Yuro On Ebay

the last one went for £1300+ which seemed over the top.great record but they do seem to turn up fairly often

Yep....certainly not that rare.

Social source share

LP copy for a fraction of that, but that's collecting for you ..

oh, and for me Baby Washington is much better 

Got to agree as i've got the Baby Washington version :yes:

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

Yep....certainly not that rare.

Your  right not rare at all loads of copies in peoples collections true price £500 -£600 imo , only ever gets played at local handbag dos , you would never hear this at rare soul venues.

Social source share

Well spotted Pete

I don't like the tune so anything more than £1.55 would be too much for me, just hope the buyer isn't a DJ who could inflict it upon an audience at a later date. :wicked:

Perhaps this is comedy sale of the day material.

Strange cos recently when i was just about to spin it , Ted Massey told me that he played it twice in one night doin a guest spot, Personally i think its a brilliant tune, It may be common, but iconic to the soul scene. But hey some people like marmite. 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I usually end my spot with this especially in the east midlands and allways dedicate it to the late great Derek Allen , played it last Sunday at the Festival at Trowel and completely filled the floor , even Sam Moore was dancing !! very happy to keep playing this record. As said available on the album , was released on stardust and also the bootleg that's seems to have been floating around forever. the current bidding price proves that an original will always hold it's price or indeed increase in value and that boots / re issues have no effect on the originals market. Regards S.

Social source share

Guest ruppy

well demand out ways supply and these oldies ,the last three copies all fetched well over £1400

yes we can all say were is it going to end,its not  original 45s today is a world  wide collecting scene not up and down the uk

like years ago ,

yes you could pick Timi up years ago for £150 i have sold three tomagoes and four Nabays in the last five years all for around £1000 one tomangoes went through ebay last month $8000  so the sign of the times

if you bought a old Etype Jag ten year ago for 10K today you would get £60K same with cars ,paintings ,records

all go up in value

I have also listed Rita & Tiras classic gone with the wind on dori in my sales with Timi Yuro this you could pick up ten year back for £300

so let see what offers i get on this 

but least the record scene is as healthy as ever before, and with people getting access to there pension pots now

can see a lot of ladies going out and buying there minx coat ,guys buying records they always dreamed of owning

good luck to them

best

Mick  H

Edited by ruppy
Social source share

this was in 1988 and had only just been uncovered, the reaction to it was amazing cant remember the last time I played it

Glad you keep forgetting to play it and long may that continue. :) 

Sign of a good DJ when they forget the dross and play proper tunes, that might be why you are invited behind the decks at Stoke.   :rofl:  :D

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

Strange cos recently when i was just about to spin it , Ted Massey told me that he played it twice in one night doin a guest spot, Personally i think its a brilliant tune, It may be common, but iconic to the soul scene. But hey some people like marmite. 

Brilliant or not its never worth more than £500 or £600 even current market value as i said before its now played out at local handbag dos only.

Hey lot handbaggers  think the Snake is rare.

Edited by Aaron Darcy
Social source share

Makes me wish I still had mine but I got tired of hearing it, playing it and, ultimately, owning it. Price when sold? Fifty quid...

Well it was 1995.

I got double that in trades four years earlier.  Would have been going for a bit more in '95.

Very pleased my copy went to the lovely Dawn Brown, who gave it the best home I could wish for!

Edited by Gene-R
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest northernsoul62

I got double that in trades four years earlier.  Would have been going for a bit more in '95.

Very pleased my copy went to the lovely Dawn Brown, who gave it the best home I could wish for!

Hi Gene glad to see your still watching the scene.

Social source share

Only if it`s on the rare STARDUST label!

The label doesn't matter when the tune is crap;  you can't polish a turd.

I was too young for Wigan, so when I listen to tunes my assessment is based on merit and in the absence of sentimentality; on that basis (merit and without sentiment) 'TY - It'll never be over for me' still sounds crap no matter how many times I hear it.  If a DJ needs to fill the dancefloor Detroit Emeralds - Feel the need will get the handbaggers off the bench just as easily and that'll cost a fiver.    

• Helpful 1
Social source share

£100 would have seemed excessive to me in 1995, as I wasn't really on the scene then and had no idea of values. I bought my copy (£15 from Mick Smith in Stotfold?) in the early-80s simply because I liked the Small Faces version. It never got any reaction when I played it out in clubs in those days as it wasn't regarded as a big tune - too Country and Western in fact as someone once informed me!

I think it went to Manship along with a R/W 'Walk With a Winner' and a yellow London 'Fortune Teller' - also £50 each.

Where is the Tardis when you need it eh?

Edited by ElGeePee
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Still sends shivers every time I hear it.

I've the Canadian release of the album, It doesn't really matter what it's on really though.

I think when the final analysis is done, most would agree it's a bona fide anthem eh?

ATB

Jim

Hi Jim

IMHO Bobby Paris Night Owl is a NS anthem, TY is a mistake.

If you like anthems pin your ears to this and try playing it at an event, the audience might lynch you before the end  :yes:

Atb

Stu

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Jim

IMHO Bobby Paris Night Owl is a NS anthem, TY is a mistake.

If you like anthems pin your ears to this and try playing it at an event, the audience might lynch you before the end  :yes:

Atb

Stu

Stu, as a Wigan 'veteran' it wouldn't bother me if I never heard Bobby Paris again, what a racket.  Bobby Paris "I Walked Away", now that IS a record to savour

• Helpful 1
Social source share

£100 would have seemed excessive to me in 1995, as I wasn't really on the scene then and had no idea of values. I bought my copy (£15 from Mick Smith in Stotfold?) in the early-80s simply because I liked the Small Faces version. 

Are you sure you're not referring to "What's A Matter Baby", ElGeePee?  The Small Faces covered that on the flip of "Watcha Gonna Do About It", but never covered "It'll Never Be Over...".

Edited by Gene-R
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Are you sure you're not referring to "What's A Matter Baby", ElGeePee?  The Small Faces covered that on the flip of "Watcha Gonna Do About It", but never covered "It'll Never Be Over...".

Ha! No, you're right. What I should have said is I bought it because she had done 'What's a Matter Baby'. Christ, I must be getting Alzheimers.

Social source share

The label doesn't matter when the tune is crap;  you can't polish a turd.

I was too young for Wigan, so when I listen to tunes my assessment is based on merit and in the absence of sentimentality; on that basis (merit and without sentiment) 'TY - It'll never be over for me' still sounds crap no matter how many times I hear it.  If a DJ needs to fill the dancefloor Detroit Emeralds - Feel the need will get the handbaggers off the bench just as easily and that'll cost a fiver.    

And here is the difference between not liking a record, which is what that is. And identifying a crap record.

It`s most certainly not crap!......ok, so you don`t like it and that`s fair enough........but I don`t like, in fact I absolutely loath Get down with it - Little Richard, but through gritted teeth I can hear that it`s a quality track .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!