Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Godzilla

New Funk / Hip Hop Banger - Breaks Fans Only

I was going to post this on the old school hip hop thread we did a year or two ago but for some reason I can't find it?

Anyway, I recall that there was some enthusiasm for this sort of stuff and that one or two folk really liked the stuff that my pal Kista was putting out. Well he has a new label and he's released some of his own stuff and is also issuing some top rate remixes on vinyl for the first time. Pre-orders start tonight for this cracking 7 inch release:

Mister Jason has a Posse (remix) DJ Format's A-Z of Classic Breaks (instrumental on flip).

Each break starts with a consequential letter of the alphabet and has a short rap by an MC whose name starts with the same letter.
A simple format (pun partially intended!) pulled off with great style. I think this is an amazing 45.

Heartfelt plea. If you don't like breaks/hip hop that's fine and I respect your opinion, but there's no need to come on this thread telling everyone that's your view. Thanks for understanding.

post-1918-0-02170000-1427878118_thumb.jp

That's an excellent piece of work Godz, it must have taken bloody ages. Great video as well. :hatsoff2:

Yeah, Fomat's the man for this sort of gear alright. You should see him do it live. Unbelievable!

I think the vid was just put together by a fan if the mix but I agree - that's a great piece of work too :D

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts