Ray Agee,are There Any Playable On Original Label

Bazza

Didn`t know they were un-playable. There was one a few years ago with a chipped edge and a crack,£600 or so!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Didn`t know they were un-playable. There was one a few years ago with a chipped edge and a crack,£600 or so!

I heard the were only a couple known, both buggered could be wrong tho

Bazza 

Missed you post Ted

Edited by Bazza
Social source share

Thought that there were a few about,myself.I mean not a lot!

At least one on Manship(while ago).

Plus,the usual suspects playing out-what would they play them on if not Soultown-a carver?

I thought that Soultown was the original?

That`s the only label!

Social source share

Thought that there were a few about,myself.I mean not a lot!

At least one on Manship(while ago).

Plus,the usual suspects playing out-what would they play them on if not Soultown-a carver?.

I thought that Soultown was the original?

I'm actually quite surprised this record didn't turn up

on Bradford Market back in the day.

Quite a few Soultown stuff McKinley Travis (2 titles) , Little Helen (2 maybe 3 titles) and yes even The Sweets were on

there, I don't remember anybody ever getting a Ray Agee, am I wrong though ?.

Just seems strange, if most of the label's output was on there but not that one.

Edited by Kegsy
Social source share

Guest briktf

That was mine, played all the way through . Lost first ten seconds or so though :huh:

Social source share

Am after a minter but awaiting retirement pension pot. Butch has a copy. Tony Smith #1 has one also as he confirmed earlier - Kenny Burrell tried to buy it but Tony knows his records... John Manship has sold two copies in the last 15 years or so. Nancy from Long Beach sold hers shortly after the recent Manship sale. The few copies that exist play OK apart from the chipped one so there is no quality-control issue with this release. As mentioned on a similar thread in the last couple of years, the record sounds a bit like Ray's 'Hard Workin' Man' on Jewel but is infinitely better than this RnB number.

Social source share

I thought Bobby Sanders was involved or owned Soultown?  Barrie Waddington met Ray's manager Jerry White and he was adamant that Ray Agee never recorded for Soultown when Barrie show him the 45.  Barrie also said he got to visit one of the Soultown offices, closed down and left in a hurry. Ray Agee said pretty much the same to someone who met him as well.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

I think the OP needs to give up the drugs.

Plenty of copies about. And quite a few minty ones. 

There's very few truly rare records. The Internet has made that very obvious.

Quinvy ,I think you're a cheeky twat !

Bazza 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!