Learn How To Dance Northern Soul Part 317

Shsdave

Fcuk me I've been doing all wrong for the last 40 years

Looks like a few of us have.

The bit about bringing your arms across made me laugh.isn`t it natural for your arms to move,anyway?

Unless you`re back in the seventies and people walked around with their hands in their sidepocket trousers(and a hunched back!)

Social source share

Looks like a few of us have.

The bit about bringing your arms across made me laugh.isn`t it natural for your arms to move,anyway?

Unless you`re back in the seventies and people walked around with their hands in their sidepocket trousers(and a hunched back!)

The arm mention is great but nowhere near as funny as the "group lesson" video (must try & find it) where they're in line dancing mode & they're all dancing from side to side with one hand on their hip & on a side ways sweep ( I know all the lingo :lol: ) they all flick their hands in the air ala saturday night fever so it looks like a troup of dancing teapots, absolutely hilarious  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Byrney

This is the worst of his videos, presumably this is him putting it all into practice.

Is that not Teddy boy dancing? Sweet lamb saviour on high :)

Social source share

Dave, what exactly were you looking for when you found this? :wicked:

:hatsoff2: - Kev

You must have seen me "dance" over the years Kev, all this time I've been wondering what to do with my arms ......... now I know :thumbup: 

Hope you're well mate ? 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

You must have seen me "dance" over the years Kev, all this time I've been wondering what to do with my arms ......... now I know :thumbup:

Hope you're well mate ? 

:lol:  :lol:

I'm good Dave, or I was until I fell over.  Vid 2 reminded me of a few I've seen at 'local' soul nights. It's the innocenti effect.

:hatsoff2: - Kev

Social source share

why dont you see his face?

Cos he's wearing headphones and dancing to a different record on the second vid - Less is more usually works better, imo.

Best shiny shoes seen in a while though :thumbsup:

Edited by 50 Shades
Social source share

Tragic. The thing is, I've seen similar at some do's, young debutante, six pints into the evening has plucked up courage and hit the nursery slopes during a mid-tempo number. All well and good until something a bit more up-tempo comes on and then this hokey-cokey malarkey just doesn't work, resulting in another toilet break or wallflower duty round the outside...

Social source share

Highly embarrassed he must be you would think ...  :huh:

But bear in mind that if camera-phones and 'YT' were available back in the 'olden' days the net would be awash with shaky clips of all those flash dancers you remember going through their 'practice' routines in their bedrooms , and Liveleak awash with them falling on their arses ...  :wicked:

Social source share

First thought was ' I don't dance like that do I ?' Second thought was 'well how do I dance?' Truly never seen a recording of my feet close up when dancing... Out comes the video recorder and on goes a tune! The result? in truth average at best, certainly not for sharing!  As my wife used to say when out at do's,  'you mix in OK dear' I used to take that as a vote of confidence!  Ade

Social source share

Hope you're well mate ? 

Always a problem the old arm thing ....UNTIL NOW !!! Knitting ....i can do a tank top and couple of socks at a full niter :yes:

Social source share

Always a problem the old arm thing ....UNTIL NOW !!! Knitting ....i can do a tank top and couple of socks at a full niter :yes:

I thought I knew those floor tiles but who the fcuk did you get to do the voice over? mate!! :ohmy:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :wicked:  

Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Just came across this 6 week beginners dance course on Gumtree

Some of you may recall the standard of the dancers this outfit trained for the Wigan Flashmob Debacle

https://www.gumtree.com/p/classes/6-week-beginners-northern-soul-dance-course-starting-tuesday-march-31st-7.00-8.00pm/1106320186

Wonder how much they are charging folk mate? six weeks eh!you would have to be up a gumtree to pay for that course!

Social source share

Wonder how much they are charging folk mate? six weeks eh!you would have to be up a gumtree to pay for that course!

£30 for six weeks.  That's £5 a lesson.  That money would be better spent on admissions to soul nights, then you can see how it's done in the real world, not some sell out "instructor's" version of how we all should be dancing, by numbers.  These so called instructors need to watch their backs.  Look what happened to Bruce Lee.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Came across this not sure if its been featured on here  :thumbup:

If you turn off the volume and use you imagination it`s a physiotherapy routine on recovery from spinal surgery!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!