King Errison Zola

Just sorting out some more 45s from the back of the cupboard.......

Zola...was it pressed on vinyl or also on styrene?

I have a styrene copy with delta no79086 scratched in a side also c1950

Original or repo?

best regards

steve

Social source share

That delta number does give the impression of a December 1969 release, the LP was around early 1970.

But doesn't the 45 state that it's from the LP? Making it appear that the LP was released first?

Does it have the MR stamp near the delta number?

I only have the LP, but do recall the boots looking very dark, with the silver not being very clear either.

I can't say either way if there were styrene copies of this or not, but the West Coast was where many were done and Canyon was from LA after all...  :g:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Cheers Gents,

thank you for all the replies and thoughts.

Got me confused.

See attached pic of 45....it does not really show the run-out clearly, but scratched in is "C-1950" "MR" Delta "79086"

Styrene.

Very good printing on label.

So the thought is its a Monarch press, West coast issue, original, from what 1970 or 1969?

To be honest I am not really bothered if its right or not...having slept and now played it loud, I am not going to get shut.

Would be nice to be sure.

Best regards

Steve

post-28865-0-08673000-1428061741_thumb.j

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Cheers Gents,

thank you for all the replies and thoughts.

Got me confused.

See attached pic of 45....it does not really show the run-out clearly, but scratched in is "C-1950" "MR" Delta "79086"

Styrene.

Very good printing on label.

So the thought is its a Monarch press, West coast issue, original, from what 1970 or 1969?

To be honest I am not really bothered if its right or not...having slept and now played it loud, I am not going to get shut.

Would be nice to be sure.

Best regards

Steve

That looks spot on to me. Great record I always loved it.

Social source share

Just sorting out some more 45s from the back of the cupboard.......

Zola...was it pressed on vinyl or also on styrene?

I have a styrene copy with delta no79086 scratched in a side also c1950

Original or repo?

best regards

steve

I saw only styrene copies of that record with the Monarch delta back when the record was out.  That was the West Coast pressing.  But, in The Midwest and East, most likely, the pressings were vinyl.  But, they, of course, wouldn't have had a delta on them.  Monarch DID press some records on vinyl.  But, I tyhought that started in the 1970s.  I don't remember any vinyl records from Monarch during the '60s (or, at least before 1969.  So, I don't believe this record would have been pressed by Monarc onto vinyl.  So, the vinyl King Errison record is suspect.

Does anyone here know wxactly when Monarch started pressing vinyl records?

Social source share

I saw only styrene copies of that record with the Monarch delta back when the record was out.  That was the West Coast pressing.  But, in The Midwest and East, most likely, the pressings were vinyl.  But, they, of course, wouldn't have had a delta on them.  Monarch DID press some records on vinyl.  But, I tyhought that started in the 1970s.  I don't remember any vinyl records from Monarch during the '60s (or, at least before 1969.  So, I don't believe this record would have been pressed by Monarc onto vinyl.  So, the vinyl King Errison record is suspect.

Does anyone here know wxactly when Monarch started pressing vinyl records?

The Sweets on Soultown is on vinyl with a delta number & I think MR stamp.

Just checked delta number 68418 but no MR stamp.

Edited by CRUMB
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!