Newbies And The Current Scene

Guest Rebelsoul

You've been given some bad advice mate. Dance how you want. It's not a competition, and never was. Most people just enjoyed dancin' to the music, and none of us were as good as we now believe we were :) Don't forget, white guys can't dance anyway! Just enjoy what you hear in your head - fuck everyone else.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Great post "Sufi Communion " cracking term. I see a lad out now who pogos around and I love to see it, he's bang Into to it.

Just on the Terrace Dandies you were right, we did stand out however there were quite a few of us - look at the Oddfellows Video; flick heads galore :)

Spot on Byrney, must be summat in the DNA of gents of my/our vintage who partook of that particular scene at that time, but the lack of 'sideys' and amount of wedges was the first thing i noticed about that vid when they are all leaving in the morning :thumbsup:

Social source share

went to a local venue last night and there were a guy in jeans and two women one wearing a circle skirt and the other baggy trousers with those naff chequered back pocket flaps , who have obviously seen the ad bought the cd and the clobber and ventured out to give it a whirl ,. then there was the young couple seen these two out for the first time last week who have probably seen the film bought the DVD and CD and decided to give it a go but soon got fed up with the northern style and reverted to strictly type salsa routine ,.

Bless em .

Edited by barney
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

went to a local venue last night and there were a guy in jeans and two women one wearing a circle skirt and the other baggy trousers with those naff chequered back pocket flaps , who have obviously seen the ad bought the cd and the clobber and ventured out to give it a whirl ,. then there was the young couple seen these two out for the first time last week who have probably seen the film bought the DVD and CD and decided to give it a go but soon got fed up with the northern style and reverted to strictly type salsa routine ,.

Bless em .

Barney, I've got a funny feeling that might have been me, as I reckon there were only about 2 of us there in jeans but I wasn't with those two women. Been into northern for nearly 40 years mate but only been 'back out' for a year or so, now the kids are old enough to be left on their own, What would you like me to wear instead?.... :thumbsup: If you're going to the dayer this aft I'll still have some jeans on - sorry :lol:

!

Social source share

Guest Byrney

Bless em .

Personally I'd like to see someone hitting the Salsa moves rather than the walky tea pot that so many do any day. Amazing when women can do proper salsa dancing ;)

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

Barney, I've got a funny feeling that might have been me, as I reckon there were only about 2 of us there in jeans but I wasn't with those two women. Been into northern for nearly 40 years mate but only been 'back out' for a year or so, now the kids are old enough to be left on their own, What would you like me to wear instead?.... :thumbsup: If you're going to the dayer this aft I'll still have some jeans on - sorry :lol:

!

wear what you like mate mentioned the jeans to say you were not wearing this new retro style clobber , nowt wrong with jeans in fact anyone can wear what they like just think those back pocket flaps are a bit too much.

we go to loads of different venues locally and further afield, its the first time I have seen them but still ,you pays your money etc its a free world .

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest youdontloveme

Original dancing is the only way to go.

If people want to illegally copy moves (bootlegs) that's up to them,

but it's got to be ODO for me.?

Edited by youdontloveme
Social source share

Guest Paul U

After 40 years I'm now "good enough to be on the dance floor!"

I love to dance and have been doing so up and down the country for 40 years. By choice I spend most of my time dancing on my own away from the dance floor doing my own thing. Imagine how I felt at Saracens last Good Friday when a young kid (late 20's) came up to me and said "you're good enough to be on the dance floor, why don't you give it a go?". I of course thanked the cheeky t**t very politely........ 

Social source share

I agree, all thats a load of rubbish, you either prop up the bar or you dance, or these days you go out side to have a fag...  remember I found it allot easier to go into a packed dance floor, that way nobody is really watching you and you can make a fool of yourself in total freedom...strange though that may seem...

One thing you dont get these days is the 'Buffet', adds a whole other dimension to a Soul do I can tell you...Soul and Vol-au-Vents go hand in hand...

Malcolm

No buffet at Lifeline but I think there were bacon butties, the 4am cup of tea was genius, I'd like to itroduce that over here.  I was actually quite surprised and releaved to find the dancefloor full of varied dance styles so my shuffling didn't stand out too much.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!