Is This On An Original 45?

Dobber

It is indeed a stormer and i bought the L.P a few years back just for the track.Ive heard it played out a few times over the years once at the Kings Hall nighter and it never seems to grab the dancers somehow.I ended up selling it on last year

• Helpful 1
Social source share

70's boot on Riverside, and a brand new release on HIB:

(On closer inspection it looks like it's an Inferno release, with the HIB label reproduced with permission.)

post-7510-0-70376900-1428268703_thumb.jp

....with The Webs....Give In  on the flip  - at least 5 copies currently on the bay.  :ohmy:  :(

:hatsoff2: - Kev

Edited by KevinKent
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Weren't the rights to release those cuts paid for?  It was my understanding that those new HIB releases were legitimate releases.  If so, they shouldn't be called "boots".

They may be, I don't know so was wrong to presume. Post amended accordingly.

:hatsoff2: - Kev

Social source share

I do know that Robert Bateman was paid for leasing rights to repress Luther Ingram's HIB record.  For this one, I imagine that Bateman was payed, as HIB was his label.  But both these cuts were produced by Bateman's and Courtney's Emmalou Productions.  So, I assume that the marketers have paid Courtney, as well (despite mentioning only Bateman on the label).. 

Social source share

so is the 70's copy on riverside a boot,or is that maybe a legal press of sorts? ive seen a pic of it,its a pale blue label with black text on vinyl,looks bloody convincing!

Yep. Apart from the colour, the typeface and the label design it's spot on! :lol:

post-1918-0-38734400-1428316363_thumb.jppost-1918-0-66258500-1428316381_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There's another 70's boot, can't lay my hands on it at the moment, but IIRC it's orange, has his "If the shoe fits" on the flip, but is labelled as Jimmy Bee "Wanting you"!

PS I used to play "I don't wanna lose you" from the LP back then, covered up as Danny Wagner ;-)

Edited by Jerry Hipkiss
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!