Men And Record Talk

Guest soul kitten

Guest soul kitten

probably opening a can of worms here :( but do i really need to know the difference between originals /pressing etc.

i always leave that to the men,

just dance to what i like sometimes ,don't even know who the artist is never mind what label it s on! (sorry) .

Could be that i had to go to norhern nights with Steve or stay at home so always been a case of if you can't beat them join them.

am i letting the girls down? or do others leave all record talk to their men too whistling.gif .

Sharon

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I try and join in too, don't know half of what they're talking about but I do learn a few bits so my conversation next time will be a bit more interesting :)

Haven't got a clue about labels/demos etc but just nod when they do and they'll think you know what's going on :)

Social source share

Guest rachel

Personally I love talking about all that record nonsense, can't stand to hear something I like and not know who it's by, label, price etc, then of course you need to know if there's a boot to watch out for, what else the artist did.. blah blah... love hearing what other people have been buying as well. Do still get some funny looks from people who don't know me, mind you - one night I'd been DJing and had someone (male) saying "nice set, whose records were you playing?" :)

As long as you're happy doing what you do, there's no point in pretending to be interested, but if you are then don't be put off joining in, most anoraks will go on for hours if you show the slightest bit of interest :)

Social source share

probably opening a can of worms here :) but do i really need to know the difference between originals /pressing etc.

i always leave that to the men,

just dance to what i like sometimes ,don't even know who the artist is never mind what label it s on! (sorry) .

Could be that i had to go to norhern nights with Steve or stay at home so always been a case of if you can't beat them join them.

am i letting the girls down? or do others leave all record talk to their men too :) .

Sharon

Social source share

To engage me in record chat......easy peasy

to shut me up......nigh on impossible

Im afraid Im with the "knows nowt about labels" brigade

Just love the music and dancing to it

I do like the Dj's to do their speil tho

There are plenty of DJ's out there who will tell you who is who if you ask them

Hubby gets dragged along for the ride but loves the social side of northern

I do admire the laydeez who "engage" and I know there are quite a few out there doing their thing

Good on you all !!

Mand :)

Social source share

timothy leary said that women who sought equality with men lacked ambition.

do you really thirst for all that pervy stuff about pressing plants, dead wax, delta numbers, stamped or scratched matrix, stock copies, demos etc etc? it's a shadowy world. :yes:

Social source share

do you really thirst for all that pervy stuff about pressing plants, dead wax, delta numbers, stamped or scratched matrix, stock copies, demos etc etc? it's a shadowy world. :yes:

I'm not that obssesed!! I'm very keen on collecting shoes as well . :yes:

Social source share

Guest rachel

Men who make such comments just feel threatened :yes:

Social source share

I think you're looking at it from the wrong angle rachel. leary was merely saying that women were selling themselves short, given the fact that men occupied a space a few rungs down

the evolutive ladder. now you can't get any more feminist than that, can you? besides, leary was hardly your right-wing, reactionary, chauvinist pig, was he? :yes:

Social source share

Guest rachel

I think you're looking at it from the wrong angle rachel. leary was merely saying that women were selling themselves short, given the fact that men occupied a space a few rungs down

the evolutive ladder. now you can't get any more feminist than that, can you? besides, leary was hardly your right-wing, reactionary, chauvinist pig, was he? :huh:

Nah.. but I think you're trying reverse psychology to try and persuade us not to join in your record-obsessed world so there's less competition on eBay :thumbsup:

Not gonna work though, gimme that shadowy world any day... :lol:

Social source share

Topsoulcat... you're not alone! I neither care or bother to really learn about records - I just know what I like and dance all night :wave:

Afterall, winning the booby prize for the second year running at the Cleethorpes quiz say's it all and I'm proud :D

I think Lindsay would say she's in our club too but she does have a record collection bigger than mine :wave: Not hard though, I've got around 10 I think LOL

Social source share

Guest soul kitten

Topsoulcat... you're not alone! I neither care or bother to really learn about records - I just know what I like and dance all night :P

Afterall, winning the booby prize for the second year running at the Cleethorpes quiz say's it all and I'm proud :D

I think Lindsay would say she's in our club too but she does have a record collection bigger than mine wink.gif Not hard though, I've got around 10 I think LOL

thank the lord sorry to admit it but i don t even own a record player ours broke a few years ago and steve had sold his collection so did nt see the point!!

as to knowing what he d bought found the best way is always to add at the least £20 onto what ever they tell you they are spending.

always found you can get alot more out of them when they start record talk as they don t listen so you can tell them they agreed to any thing you want and they would nt have a clue. so being thick about records does have it s advantages for us girls :lol:

hats off to all you who know about records though hope you give those fellas a run for their money :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!