barney

Bluebell Challenge

it will soon be that time when, what to me is one of the greatest sights seen in this country and is by far the best show of any wild flowering plants in the world ,

I took this pic in a wood near me last year , the flowers were just about finished , am determined to see and to photograph them at their best this year.

would like folks to keep us informed of where and when they are in bloom ,and lets see some of your pics of this uniquely British spectacle .

post-10269-0-33505900-1428308006_thumb.j

Have some in our front garden that are looking read to flower shortly but amazingly I did see a small clump in flower yesterday when out running. We're based south west of the west midlands.

Ade

while I was out bluebell spotting took a few pics of these white flowers first shows quite a lot of this in amongst the bluebells not seen this before and the second flower very pretty . any potential david bellamys out here to ID  these please

post-10269-0-04804300-1430689852_thumb.jpost-10269-0-21653700-1430689815_thumb.j

while I was out bluebell spotting took a few pics of these white flowers first shows quite a lot of this in amongst the bluebells not seen this before and the second flower very pretty . any potential david bellamys out here to ID  these please

attachicon.gif020.JPGattachicon.gif002.JPG

Tattoo Dave. Is a botanist. He will surely identify the plant's in the pictures.

Steve

attachicon.gif020.JPGattachicon.gif002.JPG

The plant on the right is Wood Sorrel.

Guest sharmo 1

the floor of the woodland on the Ashby canal from Shakerstone to gopsil wharf is just a sea of bluebells , really nice day today on the canal with plenty of kingfishers about and a day time sighting of a tawny owl. regards Bill Oddie.

the floor of the woodland on the Ashby canal from Shakerstone to gopsil wharf is just a sea of bluebells , really nice day today on the canal with plenty of kingfishers about and a day time sighting of a tawny owl. regards Bill Oddie.

All this twitching Simon . Will make you bird brained like the rest of us my friend.

Regards the wise old owl

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.