Mr Bicknells Solar Radio Show - Revised News - Updates News

Chris Anderton will be joing me in the Soul Shack this coming Sun August 27th from 8pm - 10pm - www.solarradio.com - CHANNEL 0129 SKY DIGITAL - A top show is promised with Chris selecting all the tunes from his wonderful collection, Neil Jones will also be joining me for another special coming up on Sun September 10th.

Hope to see many of you at The Orwell this coming Friday August 25th for the mini Allnighter in two fantastic rooms, will be raising a few quid we hope towrds the preservation of the Soul Shack, also looking forward to the event at Marine Broker in London on Saturday September 9th, thanks in advance for the support and donations. See events section for further details. I'll be reviewing/previewing the superb new Mirwood Volume Two CD from Ace/Kent on the Sun September 3rd show, another real beauty of a CD compiled by Mr Croasdell of course.Kevin Cox of Soul Spinner will be popping in real soon to play some wonderful selections via his superb new website which features some tasty tunes on it.

For requests, mentions and dedications contact bicknellmark@aol.com or markbicknell@solarradio.com

Revised News - Revised News - Revised News.

Just a bit of an update regarding The Soul Shack, a little over £150.00 was raised at The Orwell Two room mini Allnighter last weekend, big thanks to Mr Plumb, Flanny, Barry Maleedy and Steve Connor for all their help and support, big thanks to everyone who contributed to the raffle, it was a top night (see lookback review on here).

Neil Jones will be guesting in The Soul Shack on Sunday 10th September from 8pm - 10pm - www.solarradio.com leading up to his superb Bury Town Hall Soul Night on Friday 15th September.

Hope to see a few of you at The Marine Broker, London E1 gig on Saturday 9th September, another fund raiser towards the upkeep of The Soul Shack, which promise to be a fantastic night (again full details can be found on the events section here) also full details on Solar website and also via the show this coming Sunday.

Looking forward to a few special guests coming in including Andy Killick,Tony Smith, Nick Hackett, Steve Connor form The Orwell Collective plus the return of Steve Plumb, Barry Maleedy and Flanny also more TBC.

The show is now safe thanks to the generous contributions and donations made, again i can't thank you all enough.

I will be celebrating six years on the station at the end of November and i would not have made it without the help, passion and dedication from the scene. So as ever Sunday nights will remain just a little Soulful between 8pm through 10pm www.solaradio.com

Update September 24th 2006.

Just to let you all know that with all the recent donations, the Orwell raffle and Marine Broker event in London, the Soul Shack is certainly safe well into the new year, again big thanks to everyone who has contributed to keeping the show going, lots of good stuff coming up in the next few shows so stay tuned, www.solarradio.com - for requests, mentions and dedications contact bicknellmark@aol.com or markbicknell@solarradio.com - Promoters note if you have an event coming up and wish me to mention it on the show please send full details well in advance and i will gladly give it a shout bicknellmark@aol.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

• Replies 51
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Chris Anderton will be joing me in the Soul Shack this coming Sun August 27th from 8pm - 10pm - www.solarradio.com - CHANNEL 0129 SKY DIGITAL - A top show is promised with Chris selecting all the tunes from his wonderful collection, Neil Jones will also be joining me for another special coming up on Sun September 10th.

Looking forward to this Mark, just sorting a few tunes out now actually.....

See you at the Orwell Friday.....

Chris

Social source share

Unfortunately I can never get this show to listen to :shades:

Hi Mand, hope you are ok, Helen was saying yesterday that she has`nt seen you in ages.......

I was playing the tape of me on the Radio in Germany the other day....I`ll have to do you a copy of it...guess the show on www.solarradio.com will be much the same apart from Mark translating everything i say into German!

Hope to see you soon babes....

Chris.

Social source share

Looking forward to Mr Anderton on Sunday night, hope you play that Cleveland Martin..hell of a tune.

Brett

as on a mission for next couple of hours moving stuff over to the new sounds feature

felt a need to jump in on this and pass on

that while have a hatload of radio to work through and get up here in next few weeks

currently you can find 15+ shows already up at

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/rare-...ewcat.php?cid=3

featuring a fair few familar names both own shows and guesting

more be added as get round to it

but a shout to any member who has any fresh quality shows stashed away on pc in mp3 format

ask hit that link and then hit that submit and throw them up

15mb limit at moment

as long as its quality its welcome

top tip 3244 - can add shows to your playlist and then can launch the remote player and listen while browse all over the place

Social source share

Thanks for your comments, all down to Chris Anderton tonight, fantastic......more of the same to follow, if there is one thing i can give this scene perhaps not at the gigs on such a regular basis but from the shows perspective is to show the depth of music we can all go at and enjoy, of course i will play any and all requests if people take the time to contact me, having said that it's about the Aladins cave of tunes that need playing, the guests i have on the show reflect these comments and Mr Anderton was simply stunning.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

www.solarradio.com

Social source share

Hope to see many of you at The Orwell this coming Friday August 25th for the mini Allnighter in two fantastic rooms, will be raising a few quid we hope towrds the preservation of the Soul Shack, also looking forward to the event at Marine Broker in London on Saturday September 9th, thanks in advance for the support and donations. See events section for further details. I'll be reviewing/previewing the superb new Mirwood Volume Two CD from Ace/Kent on the Sun September 3rd show, another real beauty of a CD compiled by Mr Croasdell of course.Kevin Cox of Soul Spinner will be popping in real soon to play some wonderful selections via his superb new website which features some tasty tunes on it.

For requests, mentions and dedications contact bicknellmark@aol.com or markbicknell@solarradio.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Brilliant show guy's...................stunning stuff as usual Chris, thank you for making my boring US Sunday afternoons a bit more tolerable whistling.gif:(:( '

Russ

Social source share

BUGGER ME WAS THAT GOOD OR WHAT!!!! - I have to say that all the recent guests on the show have been awesome, Chris was top draw for me, it restores one's faith in the scene with all the negatives around sometimes, then you get a guy like Chris who's only agenda is quality music, radio don't you just love it?....well i do, thanks Chris.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

www.solarradio.com

Social source share

Thanks for your comments, all down to Chris Anderton tonight, fantastic......more of the same to follow, if there is one thing i can give this scene perhaps not at the gigs on such a regular basis but from the shows perspective is to show the depth of music we can all go at and enjoy, of course i will play any and all requests if people take the time to contact me, having said that it's about the Aladins cave of tunes that need playing, the guests i have on the show reflect these comments and Mr Anderton was simply stunning.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

www.solarradio.com

wonderfull stuff,great pleasure to listen to, very educatingly soulfull, wat was the last tune ? think it was on rca ? midtempo
Social source share

Thanks for the comments guys, just got back....really enjoyed myself, thanks to Mark for being a great host.....look forward to hearing the recording of the show.

Its nice to be able to play some tunes you cant play out at a venue..........

The last record was Vic marcell-You still got me on RCA.........

Chris

Social source share

Brilliant show guy's...................stunning stuff as usual Chris, thank you for making my boring US Sunday afternoons a bit more tolerable whistling.gif:(:( '

Cheers Russ, but dont really know how you can be bored surrounded by all those soul records! Hope to see you in a couple of weeks mate......

Chris

Social source share

Five selections for next weeks show...........

The Voice Masters - If A Woman Catches A Fool - Bamboo DJ

I heard Paul Sadot play this i think at 'Soul Or Nothing' in Manchester, sounded fantastic and really needs playing more.

Jimmy Burns - I Tried - Minit - Awesome singer, awesome record.

Jimmy Holiday - Shield All Around - KT - Written, arranged and produced by Ed Townsend...say no more.

Ortheia Barnes - I've Never Loved Nobody (Like I Love You ) Coral DJ - Oh and the flip Waiting For Joey....stunning two for the price of one.

The Cheers - Take Me To Paradise - Okeh - Fabulous record.

As ever for requests, mentions and dedications contact bicknellmark@aol.com

Neil Jones will be the guest on Sunday September 10th leading up to the Bury Town Hall Soul Night on Friday 15th September...see you there as i'm playing a few in the main room.

Regards - Mark Bicknell www.solarradio.com

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Five selections for next weeks show...........

The Voice Masters - If A Woman Catches A Fool - Bamboo DJ

I heard Paul Sadot play this i think at 'Soul Or Nothing' in Manchester, sounded fantastic and really needs playing more.

Been playin this myself, great track! the flips just as good if not better ' you hurt me baby ' couldnt believe how cheap it was..maybe not for long...

L

Social source share

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Really enjoyed the show on Sunday evening, enjoyed all the records played and very educational as well. Thanx a lot, Dave. :)

Social source share

Chris & Mark

Awesome show.

Chris; if Firefly doesn't manage to get you a copy of the show I have one but unfortunatly I missed the first 15mins, doh, set the timer wrong :angry:

I have the show BUT around 9ish the satellite went off for a few minutes cos of the lightening.

What about this then...........went on holiday set the dvd to record Mark's show with Barry, set it to Solar, no probs!

Watched 'Trainspotting' on film four the night before we left and forgot to change it back to Solar.....................got home two weeks later and found i'd taped some bizarre film on film 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting for my copy from Mr Maleady btw :D

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Revised News - Revised News - Revised News.

Just a bit of an update regarding The Soul Shack, a little over £150.00 was raised at The Orwell Two room mini Allnighter last weekend, big thanks to Mr Plumb, Flanny, Barry Maleedy and Steve Connor for all their help and support, big thanks to everyone who contributed to the raffle, it was a top night (see lookback review on here).

Neil Jones will be guesting in The Soul Shack on Sunday 10th September from 8pm - 10pm - www.solarradio.com leading up to his superb Bury Town Hall Soul Night on Friday 15th September.

Hope to see a few of you at The Marine Broker, London E1 gig on Saturday 9th September, another fund raiser towards the upkeep of The Soul Shack, which promise to be a fantastic night (again full details can be found on the events section here) also full details on Solar website and also via the show this coming Sunday.

Looking forward to a few special guests coming in including Andy Killick,Tony Smith, Nick Hackett, Steve Connor form The Orwell Collective plus the return of Steve Plumb, Barry Maleedy and Flanny also more TBC.

The show is now safe thanks to the generous contributions and donations made, again i can't thank you all enough.

I will be celebrating six years on the station at the end of November and i would not have made it without the help, passion and dedication from the scene. So as ever Sunday nights will remain just a little Soulful between 8pm through 10pm www.solaradio.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Just adding the revised news to the bottom of the thread, thanks.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Hi Mark , caught the show this week...loved it ..bit of a coincidence tho',I posted a sound clip of " The Victors - Hurt " last week on one of the threads..was new to me.and you played it this sunday...great tune BTW

Bazza

Cheers Bazza, Victors is still a great record, i've not played it for a bit and it sounded good again, quality tune.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

As ever for requests, mentions and dedications contact bicknellmark@aol.com

Neil Jones will be the guest on Sunday September 10th leading up to the Bury Town Hall Soul Night on Friday 15th September...see you there as i'm playing a few in the main room.

Regards - Mark Bicknell www.solarradio.com

Really looking forward to the show this weekend Mark - and I'm afraid I've got a bit of a theme lined up that might prove a bit of fun. Its always great fun in the shack mate but you know me - Come up with a daft idea to start with and then batter it to it's most extreme and illogical conclusion.

Its mad......but it might just work!!! Oh, and I will bring lemonade and nibbles too! (Ale and nuts if your prefer? Or what about hard boiled eggs and nuts? LOL)

See ya Sunday night matey and all the best for the 'Save The Shack' gig in Londinium, I'm sure it will be a corker! Please pass on my best to Jo and all the gang. :tumbleweed3:

Boiled eggs it is then Neil....lol see you Sunday mate.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!