denbo

Nick Cowan

I'd like to track down an old friend of mine, Nick Cowan. I think he's retired now from his teaching job at the Blue Coat School in Wavertree, Liverpool. I'm not sure if he still lives in Liverpool, possibly Crosby, or perhaps he's moved back to the Stoke area from where he hails. Anyhow, if anybody knows of his whereabouts, please let me know, I'd like to get back in touch for old times sake.

Edited by denbo

Is this the same guy had a northern soul show on radio merseyside in the 70s Denbo?

I used to listen to that show religiously.

Yes it was. Do you know of his current whereabouts?

Remember Terry Lenaine having a show called keep on trucking on radio Merseyside used to have a Dj that played about 15/20 mins of northern for him,

Think it was Nick Cowan ...... but can't be sure Aid.

Steve

Yes it was, I used to sit in on some of the shows. Do you know of his current whereabouts?

Sorry Den. But will make some enquiries with a few stokie mates of mine.

Steve

Cheers. He may still be on Merseyside, retired. But thanks for your help.  :thumbsup:

I'd like to track down an old friend of mine, Nick Cowin. I think he's retired now from his teaching job at the Blue Coat School in Wavertree, Liverpool. I'm not sure if he still lives in Liverpool, possibly Crosby, or perhaps he's moved back to the Stoke area from where he hails. Anyhow, if anybody knows of his whereabouts, please let me know, I'd like to get back in touch for old times sake.

Den I know this sounds a little silly, but what is a bluecoat school?

Den I know this sounds a little silly, but what is a bluecoat school?

It's just the name of a school in Liverpool. It used to be private, not sure if it is anymore. It also used to be a boarding school but again, I'm not sure if it is anymore? It's certainly classed as one of the better schools in Liverpool.

You can Google it under The Blue Coat School.

It's just the name of a school in Liverpool. It used to be private, not sure if it is anymore. It also used to be a boarding school but again, I'm not sure if it is anymore? It's certainly classed as one of the better schools in Liverpool.

You can Google it under The Blue Coat School.

No, no worries. I typed the name into facebook, and the second person with that name to come up, was a team leader at Butlins, which seemed like an amazing coincidence, given you'd said blue coat (I realise that's Pontins, but wondered if he'd switched holiday camps) I checked for his age, and although it didn't give it, it did say he was class of 92, which would mean either he's too young to be your missing friend, or he is the guinness book of world records entry for most consecutive years a student was held back :) 

Nick Cowan (not Cowin like I originally spelled it) was Head of Chemistry Department at The Blue Coat School, not a student.
Here he is on You Tube in one of his Chemistry lessons (he's the one with the mustache and lecturer's gown);

Yes it was, I used to sit in on some of the shows. Do you know of his current whereabouts?

He used to come in to the sportsman/quinns after the show i worked there and always had a chat with him there, it was quite clear Terry didn't want him there that fact ooozed out of the radio, i never did buy it when Terry said ho ho ho sorry Nick i just dropped a tape it was an 'accident'..

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.