okehgaz

Help On Cartridge Please

Never been much of a fanatic for top of the range record players, etc. Always spent what spare money I had on records rather than players and always left the setting up of the dj decks to more able people. The last ones I owned myself were a Fal Ranger - Turn up - plug it in! Happy days. This means I know naff all about them!

As part of my current mid-life crisis I got the good lady to let me move the records into a bigger and better room, all done out nice, etc and have acquired a couple of decks to mess about with but they need new cartridges and I have no idea what I need. Need to be decent but don't need the top jobbies. They are Bush Acoustics BADJ0006MIX.

Any suggestions welcome - Cheers.

Bush !  oh dear, cheaper end of the market, as such you need to find out if they are Magnetic cartridges or Ceramic, usually ceramic on really cheap stuff   :thumbsup:

the two types of cartridge mentioned have different output levels and impeadence, the Magnetic one needs a RIAA preamp stage to work, if already using Magnetic cartridges this will be built into the system.

Once you have found out what the original ones are just go for something similar that fits your budget, if your not into Hi-Fi in a big way.

By the way FAL equipment used to be a joke of mine when I was younger, because I had an interest in Hi-Fi and electronics I was fortunate enough to start off DJing with a very good system using separates, not many did this at the time and a lot did use FAL, I'd poke fun at them telling people it stood for ( For All Learners ) :D     :D    

Thanks Tony. FAL Ranger from the old lassess catalogue £2.50 a week i think :) Seperates - you were posh!

Forgot to add earlier, if you're happy with the cartridges you have, just source some new styli, if you need help finding some send me a pic of the cartridges or better still make and model number, sometimes on a little label on the side or cartridge itself marked.   :thumbsup:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.