Linda Tate And The

I've just been reading the John Manship Auction post - his sales blurb is fantastic and surely must help to get him the high prices he regularly achieves.

I particularly liked his description of the Linda & The Vistas on Shrine - then I remembered that there was an alternate version of Linda & Pretenders Believe Me which I think got played in London in 2001? I've never actually heard this version and wondered if anyone had a sound clip or CD of it?

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Does that mean mine was worthless then because there were so many copies?

Goes for about 500 these days Pete quite a toughie I think. Brilliant record often play it at Solid Hit.

Steve Green had the alternate version at one time though pretty sure he sold it on, was it that different ? Thought it was just "extra" drums or something or am I just imagining that ?

Social source share

Yes that's it - the Dome - I remember seeing some playlists at the time and that was on it - but how can I hear this alternate version?

Yes must have been played a bit at the Dome as it was on one of the give away tapes but I don't ever remember hearing it :( & I went to almost every nite at the Dome. Mind you I always thought the beers pipes were never rinsed through properly & I think the beer & cleaning chemicals may have gone to my head, always loved it there though  :thumbsup:

Social source share

Goes for about 500 these days Pete quite a toughie I think. Brilliant record often play it at Solid Hit.

Steve Green had the alternate version at one time though pretty sure he sold it on, was it that different ? Thought it was just "extra" drums or something or am I just imagining that ?

Ah, that was who I sold my copy to, Steve Green, drove to Worcester to meet him to do the exchange

Social source share

The vocals are different too.  Same lyrics just not as polished if you know what I mean.

Social source share

Thanks for this clip. Even though it is brief it is apparent IMHO that they released the better of the two versions.

Blimey ! Thanks for that Chalky, quite a bit different  :ohmy:

Agreed gtagg but I would love a full length clip of the unissued version, to my ears sounds great & sufficiently different to have it on an mp3 :thumbsup:  

Social source share

Thanks  for the article Andy - very illuminating. I wasn't aware that there was yet another alternative take - I'd love to hear it. There was bit of banter between Jim Reeves (Engineer) and Linda on a Youtube post a few years ago - may still be there.

Now we just need some enterprising soul to release an ep with her 5 tracks.

Social source share

Thanks  for the article Andy - very illuminating. I wasn't aware that there was yet another alternative take - I'd love to hear it. There was bit of banter between Jim Reeves (Engineer) and Linda on a Youtube post a few years ago - may still be there.

Now we just need some enterprising soul to release an ep with her 5 tracks.

Do you have a link for that ?

Andy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!