Price:

• $700.00 USD
  • Start Date:June 22, 2014
  • End Date:June 29, 2014
  • Bids:43
  • Seller Feedback:1347
  • Buyer Feedback:278
301223034012.jpg Click to enlarge

TURLEY RICHARDS "I Feel All Right" and "I Can't Get Back Home" original northern soul 45 rpm (promo) record on Columbia 4-43837.  Vinyl and labels are VG+ and plays great. My grading is strict and guaranteed..

at todays rate, pounds 473.44,you might get a

bit more.

ricky.

Social source share

I asked this question on Facebook yesterday about how much I could expect to get for this if I sold it, I got answers ranging from £125 to £400, I was thinking £300 all day to be honest because of demand - what do the panel think?

You could sell it for £300 maybe instantly on here, someone see's your sale late in the day

and notify's you they would have paid you £400. Is it helpful to you to get cheap quotes (£125)

and dearer (£400) then see an Auction sale $700?

Social source share

Well if I sell it for 3 and then someone offers me 4, irrelevant, I always stick to my original price (hence some horrendous cock ups and also hence me asking on here).  I just wanted someone to back me up at £300 before it looked like I was overcharging.  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I asked this question on Facebook yesterday about how much I could expect to get for this if I sold it, I got answers ranging from £125 to £400, I was thinking £300 all day to be honest because of demand - what do the panel think?

I've had 3 emails this year for this 45 I had for sale about 10 years ago on this site?  Should have no trouble selling.

Social source share

Put it at £300 and be prepared to negotiate if it doesn't sell. About 2 - 3 years ago I paid £175.00 on here, thought then it was a good price. :yes:

Got mine for £90 at 100 club about same time. It suddenly became a "must have" hence the price rocketing

(as a lot of them do). So maybe a 3 to 4 hundred now. Difficult to have a set price at times.  :)

Social source share

first copy i had a good 8 year ago was a red issue and paid £40,since then ive had 2 white demos which i regret selling,but the record as slowly but surely risen in demand and value....i rate it as a £300 record in ex, a tad for more for an issue!

Social source share

Yet another tune that makes me wish we had a system here on soul source to vote on which is the "best" version. Surely we could line up links to all the known versions so folk could listen and vote? I reckon a poll of alternate versions would be a lot more interesting to most on here than the general election coming up, and it might expose some formerly unknown versions to folk that would appreciate them.

Now knowing your copy will sell easily Pete (otherwise I wouldnt have commented) can I say while Turleys version has lots of grunt I find it falls down on the soul quotient ( nowt wrong with lotsa-grunt-and-virtually-no-soul-in-the-vocal, tons of my fave N/S garage'y records fit into that category ) not because of him being Caucasian, but think I first heard Jimmy James's version, and it's hard to go for another version after the first you heard, but if they're great, then so be it. Some time later I was completely blown away by The Capitols version ( was this a Detroit recording? would this have had the full funk brothers team on backing? this one just sounds more like what my brain identifies as Northern Soul)
I know Ive heard several other versions, some in a latin soul style, so presumably a popular tune within that culture ( cannot remember the artists right now, but think the title is something like Me Siento Bien ?)

one last thing, I vaguely remember seeing geno washington live and pretty sure he included this in the show, did he do a version on vinyl?

Social source share

Hey might not be selling it at all now.  I paid 5K for some records, they were supposed to have been collected yesterday to be delivered today, paid £65 in postage for next day delivery  (including insurance) and guess what - not only did they not arrive, but they don't have a f*cking clue where they are.  How can this possibly happen, and not only that, why does it have to happen to me?

Social source share

Agreed, best version by far. Whether Turleys skin is Green or Purple, he is a fabulous singer

Turley richards is white and I agree its a brilliant sound.

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

I don't like it, never had, it was a 3 week wonder back in 1977 (I have it's first ever play on tape which I posted up) and then it just vanished for 25 years...

Ditto,was at Station road when Richard tried to "Break it " ,but gave up, just donated  a mint Us capitols Lp version to Soul Aid charity, atune that never grabbed me, Should have covered it as bettye Swan ?

Social source share

I've got one going up on my next website update at £350 Pete, nice copy with some slight label stain...if it was mint I'd have thought £400 was about its money nowadays.

(...and no, I didn't get it from some dodgy geezer from Wolverhampton Royal Mail sorting office before anyone asks!). :o)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Three hundred for a nice copy would be the minimum Pete. On a good day, this record could fetch more. Are the red issues more coveted - I suspect so. Not in the Dana Valery league yet so below £400 for the time being.

Issues much scarcer, never seen one in a sales box

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!