Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

jordirip

Advice Needed Regarding Posting An Item

My son has just sold a camera (Canon 60D) on ebay uk and the person who has bought it only has 1 score and he lives in Israel. My alarm bells are ringing as I have recently been ripped off a few times as a buyer but have managed to get my money back from Paypal, but I know it's not so easy as a seller. What's to stop this buyer trying to scam my lad and then claim money back from Paypal? To compound the problem a bit, my son only has 3 scores himself and he has to wait 20 days for any paypal funds to clear before he has access to them. Any thoughts or advice would be welcome.

The answer to your question is nothing - if someone wants to scam you they are going to scam you.  How successful they are is a different matter.

Use the global shipping program? Put it all on ebay.

"Once a seller’s item is collected by the eBay Scheduled Delivery courier, we’ll protect them from any delivery-related defects. For example, if the item is lost or damaged during delivery, the seller won’t be responsible for refunding the buyer and will not receive a defect."

There is a policy for reporting buyers for returning empty boxes or returning something else but quite what the outcome would be ive no clue. Ive been thinking about this issue as i want to sell some high end watches ive got and ebay will be the best place for them. Im worried that ill get a 5 quid watch back as a return

The answer to your question is nothing - if someone wants to scam you they are going to scam you.  How successful they are is a different matter.

Use the global shipping program? Put it all on ebay.

"Once a seller’s item is collected by the eBay Scheduled Delivery courier, we’ll protect them from any delivery-related defects. For example, if the item is lost or damaged during delivery, the seller won’t be responsible for refunding the buyer and will not receive a defect."

There is a policy for reporting buyers for returning empty boxes or returning something else but quite what the outcome would be ive no clue. Ive been thinking about this issue as i want to sell some high end watches ive got and ebay will be the best place for them. Im worried that ill get a 5 quid watch back as a return

Thanks for that. How do I find out the address of the ebay global office to post the item to. I'm struggling to find out the procedure. Do I wait for the buyer to pay and then I will start recieving info from Ebay?

Thanks for that. How do I find out the address of the ebay global office to post the item to. I'm struggling to find out the procedure. Do I wait for the buyer to pay and then I will start recieving info from Ebay?

im not sure  but the ebay forum will get you an answer i reckon

Edited by JNixon

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts