Formula Northern Soul

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest NASHEE

Did anyone that set out with express intention of making a quality 'Northern Soul' record ever achieve it?

Or is it/was it by its very nature impossible?

Col.

Looking fwd to a decent argument :)

I think really most artists just wanted to make a hit record

Social source share

Col do you mean 'taylor made' northern or 60's records?

60's records obviously in America and during the 60's never said! hey i know lets make a complete flop that will only sell a couple of hundred copys, but dont worry we will be massive in 20yrs time over in england when all them silly limeys will be up all night dancing to it :)

Any of the taylor made in recent years dont cut the mustard IMO only one that really gets close off the top of my head is, Sharon Jones, all though a remake and more intentionalized for the funk scene, is about the only decent one i can think off,

So in answer to your Q is NO :)

Social source share

Timi Willis fans are quiet :yes: all the folk,on here banging on about how good etc :yes: ,told you after a bit,not a big bit either,borin.............good effort maybe,but no :yes:

Social source share

Timi Willis fans are quiet :yes: all the folk,on here banging on about how good etc :yes: ,told you after a bit,not a big bit either,borin.............good effort maybe,but no :yes:

Sorry mate, ain't got a clue what you're going on about.

Whos Timi Willis? Any chance of a soundfile?

Social source share

Did anyone that set out with express intention of making a quality 'Northern Soul' record ever achieve it?

Or is it/was it by its very nature impossible?

Col.

Looking fwd to a decent argument :wave:

What about Barbara Pennington-24 Hours a day, you know who i know, but still pretty good really?

Social source share

Sorry Baz meant Taylor Made.

4 Vandells gets close. But I always knew that was sung by a white guy.

Great dancer, but fails on the soul factor.

I think Ken means Nicole Willis and, although I quite liked 'If This Ain't Love" I saw her and the band live a few weeks ago and was really disapointed.

Give me Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings live (or on record) any day of the week. And I don't mean "what condition" either.

Infrequent Godz :wave:

(c. Simsy 2006)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!