C/u At The Mecca

Kev John
Go to solution Solved by Dave Thorley,

Never knew it was covered up I always knew it as that,

Hi Mark

Got 1 with all tape marks on where It was covered up

Was speaking to Colin Curtis last night he can remember it being C/U for a short time but he can't remember what the name or title of  the C/U  

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

• Solution

It is possible that someone tried covering it up in the 80's, do you remember when you got it. The reason I say that, is that there were a few Mecca tracks that a few younger DJ's played covered up as they had never gone there and as far as they knew were unknown. I remember being at Hinckley one night and someone playing  Innersection C/U, he was most put out when I told him what it was and that it had been played around the country in the 70's as well as being on the Soul Bowl, Front Page lists for a number of weeks.

The speed at which new or newish releases were being played there in the mid to late 70's could make your head spin.

Edited by Dave Thorley
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

It is possible that someone tried covering it up in the 80's, do you remember when you got it. The reason I say that, is that there were a few Mecca tracks that a few younger DJ's played covered up as they had never gone there and as far as they knew were unknown. I remember being at Hinckley one night and someone playing  Innersection C/U, he was most put out when I told him what it was and that it had been played around the country in the 70's as well as being on the Soul Bowl, Front Page lists for a number of weeks.

The speed at which new or newish releases were being played there in the mid to late 70's could make your head spin.

Hi Dave

Got it very recently of Keith Minshull 

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!