Kenard Dore Repress

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ady - also got a copy with "Garden Of Eden" on flip - no idea where they came from or numbers pressed.

And yeah originals are double sided - another one of those 45s on mi exceedingly long list of records I always meant to get but never did.

And before Andy Rix replies it was c/up as "Kicking the Cat" or summat. Meow.

Derek

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Indeed and some bright Stafford sparks had a T-shirt with a cat being kicked. The repress is actually great quality, must have been from master tape by Lew Bedell

From what I remember it features same delta no. as the originals. Does that mean original stampers were used?

Social source share

From what I remember it features same delta no. as the originals. Does that mean original stampers were used?

Was it done at the same as the Little Johnny Hamilton Keep On Moving (white label?0 presses?  

Was it Gaz Kellet and the Preston Cybermen with the t-shirt?

Social source share

I would guess those were legitimate 70s repressings done by Lou Bedell, and that is why they had the same delta number.  I remember some 70s pressings of a Kennard record that had a purple label.  In fact, I remember Superbs and Whispers purple represses as well (all done in the '70s).

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I think if my memory serves me correct it was Stan from Preston ( he did upset quite a few people in his day :huh: ) who wore the tee shirt,  Gaz kellet certainly liked to "dress up' and one of his was at Tony's empress when he made a cardboard sword, shield and breast plate......stood at the drinks counter the elderley lady who used to make the teas, asked him why he was dressed like that he said, "Well it is an all Knighter".... :yes:

Todays sanitized venues could do with loads of Gaz Kellets in attendance........They were loads of people like that in the good old days!

Louis

great story,cant remember where or who but someone once took a childs wendy house to a nighter and kept popping in and out of it all night,off their rockers lol,great days

jason

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!